The Student Conduct Coordinator investigates and adjudicates
alleged violations of academic and social policies by University
students and student organizations; develops sanctions for students
and student organizations found in violation of University policies
which promote personal and educational development, and maintains
University standards; Refers and presents cases to the Student
Conduct and College Academic Integrity Committees; assists with
daily operations of Student Conduct & Academic Integrity
Programs; and actively participates in outreach and liaison
- Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent
- 4-7 years of related experience required, previous experience
working with student conduct issues in a university setting
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to
set priorities, balance a heavy workload, adhere to a schedule and
- Multicultural competencies; ability to work with diverse
- Working knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
- High degree of personal/professional integrity, respect for
privacy and confidentiality, a sense of ethics, and a commitment to
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Conflict resolution, mediation, and reasoning skills to resolve
complex, multifaceted, and often emotionally-charged disputes and
to assist parties in reaching agreement.
- Skills in judgment and decision-making.
- Assessment skills and the ability to apply assessment to
- Advanced degree in related area and/or equivalent
- Previous experience working with student conduct issues in a
- Working knowledge of student development theory, University
policies, state/federal law, and laws related to student privacy
such as FERPA.
- Knowledge of, and ability to work within, a comprehensive
student conduct database.
- Knowledge of University-specific computer application
- Knowledge of University and departmental principles and
procedures involved in risk assessment and evaluating risks as to
likelihood and consequences.
- Travel outside of normal business hours.
- Occasional work on evenings and weekends outside of normal
To view complete job description for this
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is
located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern
California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the
vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living
laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing
communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the
arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and
staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse
research universities in the country boasting several key rankings
of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S.
universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and
among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the
2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for
social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the
leading national coalition of public research universities
committed to improving student success for low-income,
first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in
financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of
Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect
specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13
members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the
achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and
staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by
For information about our generous employee benefits package,