Social and New Media Manager
One of the nation’s largest education associations, the National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) seeks a skilled and highly motivated social media professional to join the organization as Social and New Media Manager. Working with new leadership of this dynamic, service-oriented membership organization, the Social and New Media Manager will bring deep social media knowledge, a passion for creativity and service, and excellent writing and planning skills to the association’s social media platforms, including Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube. With drive and vision, this colleague will engage the association’s diverse constituencies with innovative, effective, and strategically oriented social and new media.
NACAC is the largest association in the world supporting professionals who serve students as they make choices about pursuing postsecondary education. The association works to expand access to higher education through policy, advocacy, convening, education, and training. It has a membership of more than 23,000 member institutions and individuals, including postsecondary admission professionals, high school counselors, independent educational consultants, and others based throughout the United States and, increasingly, around the world. NACAC is fortunate to partner with 23 state and regionally-based affiliate organizations that share a common mission to serve and support the needs of admission and counseling professionals.
In addition, the organization cultivates special interest groups (SIGs). These “micro communities” nurture the growing diversity of interests across the association.
NACAC is in the process of reinventing itself during a time of disruption for both the college admission profession and associations. A new strategic vision, mission, and values ensure the organization will become a cutting-edge influencer, leading and supporting the transformation of the college admission profession.
NACAC commits to:
- Leading important initiatives resulting in a more diverse and inclusive student population.
- Boldly influencing higher education policy.
- Serving as a clearinghouse for readily accessible knowledge sharing, transformative professional development opportunities, and cutting-edge research.
- Creating a membership that is reflective of the changing demographics among students.
To ensure the organization’s success, NACAC is committed to being innovative, nimble, and meeting the moment—working at the speed of light to stay ahead of the curve and to lead meaningful and impactful change.
Recently, NACAC staff members participated in strategic visioning sessions to reaffirm, as well as reimagine, its organizational values and guiding principles. The newly developed vision statement and values direct the CEO, the senior leadership group, and staff in their work together as they seek organizational and cultural transformation to better serve NACAC’s membership and external stakeholders, in service of the college admission counseling profession.
Staff Vision Statement
We are the trusted source of information and resources for NACAC members and the students they serve, providing exceptional service and stewardship to meet the evolving needs of the college admission counseling profession.
Dr. Angel B. Pérez became chief executive officer of the National Association for College Admission Counseling in July 2020. Prior to joining NACAC, he served as the vice president for enrollment and student success at Trinity College in Connecticut, where he also taught in the educational studies department. A recognized thought-leader on issues of equity and access in American education, he is a tireless champion for underrepresented communities and a creative advocate for reform. Named by a Forbes article in 2019 as the most influential voice in college admission, he strives to build an educational ecosystem that better represents today’s America. Dr. Perez’s expertise has been sought by key policy influencers. In 2016, the Governor of Connecticut appointed him to the New England Board of Higher Education, and he was chosen by the Gates Foundation and the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators to serve on Forward50, a group of higher education leaders presenting solutions to Congress. In 2019, the New York Times Magazine profiled his story in a cover feature, and he is a
frequent contributor and commentator in media outlets, including the Washington Post, NPR, CBS Evening News, NBC Nightly News, Forbes, and the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more about Dr. Pérez, visit angelbperez.com. Highlights of Perez´s first seven months were featured in a recent article, “How an Association Rebounded, Turning Challenges into Progress,“ in Associations Now Daily News, the daily newsletter from ASAE, the Center for Association Leadership.
POSITION OVERVIEW & DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Interim Chief Communications Officer, the Social and New Media Manager will be adept in social and new media development, a superb visual and prose storyteller, and a helpful guide to departments across the association in strategically promoting and sharing their content. Via interactive and emerging technologies, the manager will propel conversation on NACAC’s social media channels and drive audiences to continually higher levels of engagement and participation.
- Apply NACAC’s communications strategy through direct management of the association’s social media platforms to promote NACAC, including its leadership, members, initiatives, resources, programs, member benefits, and events.
- Establish a high standard for social and new media across the association’s platforms through the development of compelling and effective content that serves NACAC members, students, families, and the greater public.
- Create and distribute content that enhances NACAC’s reputation and impact and constituent engagement across the association’s platforms, partnering as necessary with NACAC departments and staff.
- Build viral and targeted outreach campaigns that achieve communication goals, with a special focus on member audiences.
- Develop and deploy social and new media strategies that continually expand engagement among priority audiences.
- Develop successful relationships with staff across the association to build creative, timely, and impactful social and new media.
- Evaluate and deploy as needed new social media features and platforms that promise to enrich engagement with the association’s varied audiences.
- Monitor and continually expand expertise in social media practices and technologies to ensure that NACAC is a leader among higher education associations and institutions in using such communications.
- Use effective tools for analyzing the performance of social media and related campaigns and report on and adapt projects accordingly.
- Other related duties as required.
The Social and New Media Manager must possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, media, communications, or related field.
- At least four years of full-time professional experience managing various social platforms.
- Demonstrated creative experience building social media content and engaging diverse audiences.
- Demonstrated commitment to new learning and continual growth as a professional communicator and social media manager.
- A proven social media voice that is confident, effective, and engaging.
- Intermediate knowledge of Canva, or a similar design program, for creating social media graphic content.
- Intermediate knowledge of Hootsuite, or a similar program, for scheduling social media content.
- Established record of collaboration and interpersonal skills working with diverse colleagues.
- Strong work ethic with proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and attend to numerous details well and on time.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in secondary or postsecondary education or a related professional organization.
- Experience with social media analytics.
- Demonstrated skill as a strategic thinker.
- Experience creating and deploying varied multi-media content – including graphics, photography, slideshows, and videography – for institutional goals.
To apply for this position, or inquire further, please email your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter must accompany résumé.
- Competitive salary and benefits. Base salary ranging from $50,000 to $65,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
NACAC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. NACAC offers competitive compensation, an excellent benefits and retirement package, and a convenient location in the Washington, DC metro area.
Apply for Social and New Media Manager
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Communications Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Digital Media Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Jobs Outside Academe Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Arlington
- Non-profit & Government Organizations Administrative $50,000 - $69,999 Full Time jobs in Arlington