Plans administer and evaluate operational, financial, and
personnel activities of the Division of Student Affairs. Provides
oversight of all student programming that supports the collegiate
experience. Student Affairs includes the offices of Student
Activities, Student Government, Judicial Affairs, Leadership and
Development, Student Health Services, Career Services, and
Residence Life. Reporting to the president, the Vice President
serves as a member of the Leadership Team and represents Student
Affairs on local, state, and regional committees when applicable.
The Vice President has responsibilities associated with grants
assigned to the division.
Additionally, the Vice President works closely with all other
units to support students’ matriculation from entrance to college
completion. The Vice President also works closely with parents,
families, and communities to ensure the flow of pertinent
information and resolutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provides vision, leadership, and strong strategic direction to
the Division of Student Affairs in supporting the academic mission
of the University.
• Provides strong, creative, energetic, and strategic leadership
to design and implement a comprehensive program of services and
activities for students in support of a holistic approach to higher
education. Formulates goals and objectives for the Division and
oversees the achievement of those goals to ensure that they are
compatible with the University’s Strategic Plan.
• Supervises and evaluates management, operations, and programs
in the area of student activities, student services, and student
• Professionally represents the University at events with
students, parents, and the community. Represents the University
through service on appropriate community boards and committees.
• Collaborates with university divisions to engage faculty,
staff, alumnae, and the community to participate in programs to
advance student retention.
• Works with other administrators in program development,
curriculum evaluation, and educational matters of mutual
• Develops innovative programs that establish early P-12
interest in enrollment.
• Collaborates with Institutional Advancement and Development in
working with corporate, private, and public organizations and
agencies to broaden financial support for students.
• Provides professional development opportunities and support
for direct reports and staff.
• Promotes an active, safe, and healthy social environment for
all students and enhances opportunities for academic success.
• Performs other related duties as assigned including ensuring
that the University’s brand is always uplifted and upheld in
• Ph.D. required in student affairs or related field with a
minimum of ten (10) years of significant, progressive, and
demonstrated student affairs experience.
• A strong work ethic, personal integrity, strategic thinking,
and planning skills are required.
• Demonstrated strong organizational, supervisory and leadership
capabilities are essential.
• Ability to thrive in an environment that requires strategic
thought and tactical execution.
• Evidence of excellent written, oral, and interpersonal
• Demonstrated experience working with diverse and multicultural