FMU's Volunteer Program is designed to provide practical work
experience and growth and development opportunities for students
wanting exposure to the best in the industry. Volunteers are
exposed to the operations of higher education, will assist with
special projects, and will participate in a variety of assignments
and tasks aimed at fulfilling the volunteer program's
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Research and development: information gathering, data
capturing, and file management.
- Collaborate with staff and administration to ensure students
and guests are provided with opportunities and services to help
- Engages with customers or clients and provides service.
- Ability to handle information of sensitive and confidential
nature in the utmost professional manner.
- Professional Communication Skills.
- Positive Attitude and Eagerness to Learn.
- Pre-Employment screening is required: criminal background check
and drug testing.
- Must present a professional appearance and a friendly
- Must be dependable and punctual
- Be courteous and personable when dealing with the
- Be self-directed, willing to take initiative, and
- Computer skills are desired, but not necessary.
- Extensive hours and weekends will be required at times.
Qualified applicants are asked to upload a cover letter of
interest, resume/curriculum vitae, and/or certifications, if
In addition to the completed application, candidates must submit a
list of three professional references (at least one from a previous
employer) that includes names and contact information. Review of
application materials will begin ASAP and will continue until the
position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Florida Memorial University is an Equal Employment Opportunity