Director of Information
Parkland Community College
Be a part of a dynamic and innovative team at Parkland
College as a Director of Technology Infrastructure in the Campus
Technologies division. Here, you'll have the opportunity to govern
all aspects of the Technology Infrastructure and work with
progressive IT leadership as we continue to develop technological
services for the new teaching and learning environment.
The Director of Information Security serves on the Campus
Technologies department leadership team to oversee the research,
planning, and implementation of Information Security goals and
objectives that appropriately align with the strategic direction of
Parkland College. This role includes running security operations
and driving architecture directions to mitigate emerging and
increasingly sophisticated attacks while strengthening Parkland
College’s detection and prevention capabilities. Works closely with
Parkland College management, staff, vendors, affiliates, and other
third parties to ensure that information security and IT recovery
align with the organization’s risk appetite. Develop security
policies and procedures to improve the College’s security posture
and comply with the applicable rules and regulations.
The Director of Information Security is a Non-Union,
Supervisory, Full-Time, 12- month appointment based on a schedule
established by the Chief Information Officer. The position involves
frequent handling of confidential information and records. Work
contacts include administrators, faculty, staff, community-based
organizations, and governmental agencies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Leads the development and execution of the Information Security
strategy, programs to ensure the integrity, confidentiality, and
availability of asset and information owned, controlled, or
processed by the College
- Oversees the relationship with the MSSP/SOC vendor to ensure
people and systems are safe, secure, and compliant
- Drives continuous improvement of the cybersecurity program by
identifying risk, recommendations for improvements, automation of
alerts and remediation, and communication with other IT
- Develops and implements Information Security policies and
procedures, Information Security incident response Plan, along with
annual security updates
- Performs or assists with investigations, coordinates the
handling and resolution of incidents of a security breach
- Responsible for conducting training and communications plans
and programs, which include security awareness, security training,
security training compliance, security reminders, and new hire
- Coordinates Information Security metrics collection and assists
CIO with analysis and reporting of collected metrics
- Develops and aligns IT security controls with industry best
practices from NIST, ISO, FERPA, HIPAA, GLBA, PCI-DSS, and other
relevant compliance standards
- Possesses and maintains up to date knowledge on current
technology, trends, attacks, and risk mitigation techniques and
maintains an awareness of federal and state IT security laws,
rules, and regulations and how they may impact the colleges.
- Manages vendor relationships for Information Security and
Information Technology needs and provides review and advice to the
organization for any technology-related procurement.
- Other duties as assigned by the CIO.
- Bachelor of Science in a related field such as Computer
Science, Information Science and Security
or related fields and/or five years equivalent work
- Five years of experience delivering and supporting Information
Security design and operational excellence
- Expertise in Information Security, including developing,
implementing, and maintaining an Information Security Program
- Prior experience delivering and managing NIST and/or ISO-based
Information Security Programs.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
environment and make sound decisions in emergencies
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Master’s degrees in engineering, computer science, information
systems, business administration, or related field
- Certification in one of the following: CISSO, CISM, CHP, CGEIT,
CSCS, CISSP, ISSAP
- Three years experience in a senior leadership capacity in an IT
organization, preferably in higher education IT management
- Experience with IT governance and change control boards.
Interested candidates may apply at: parkland.edu/careers
- Application Close Date: July 9, 2021
- Salary/Classification: $91,493.28/year, Exempt, Supervisor,
- All applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and copy of
an official transcript.
- Please monitor your email (including spam or junk mail) for
testing and other correspondence from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For further information regarding application procedures,
please contact Human Resources at 217/351-2220.
- Competitive salaries and robust benefits, including medical
insurance with no monthly premiums, dental, life, disability,
retirement plans, flexible spending, dependent care, EAP, tuition
waiver, vendor discounts.
- Work/life balance with generous paid time off.
- Collegial community of faculty and staff united in our passion
for serving students, on a campus with a panoply of lifestyles,
with cultures as diverse as the communities we serve.
- Professional support and deep commitment to career growth and
- Opportunity to contribute to an organization with a national
reputation for excellence and a growing international