Tenured Professor & Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs/Faculty Development
The College of Medicine at Texas A&M University invites applications for a full-time tenured Professor and Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs & Faculty Development with a start date of summer 2021.
Responsibilities for this position as Professor will include participation in one College of Medicine curriculum course and/or collaborate with an existing Research team, and academic service to COM and Texas A&M University. The teaching assignment for this individual will be based on their area of expertise.
The Senior Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs & Faculty Development will have central oversight of the affairs and development of the College of Medicine (COM) faculty across five campuses and multiple sites and locations. This position will report to the COM Executive Associate Dean.
- Serve as Faculty Affairs liaison between the College of Medicine and the Texas A&M Dean of Faculties Office
- Provide guidance to the Dean and Executive Associate Dean on matters of Faculty Affairs
- Oversee tenure and faculty promotion processes in the College of Medicine
- Collaborate with department heads and faculty to provide guidance for faculty annual reviews
- Review and update departmental review and tenure and faculty promotion guidelines for Texas A&M Dean of Faculties Office approval
- Participate in tenure and promotion training workshops
- Coordinate college committee review processes
- Oversee mid-term, post tenure peer, and tenure upon arrival review processes
- Review faculty performance evaluations and report unsatisfactory performance to the Dean
- Develop and disseminate new and existing faculty guidelines and policies
- Advise on faculty appointments and hiring
- Oversee the COM department head and departmental review processes
- Assist with the faculty retention processes
- Review faculty emeritus/emerita applications
- Consult on faculty grievances
- Engage in regular COM meetings (e.g. Academic Council, Executive Committee, and Department Heads)
- Participate in Texas A&M new faculty, new administrator orientation workshops and other panels
- Partake in annual campus, site, and location visits
- Mentor and supervise staff in Office of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development
- Other duties as assigned
*Note: If the individual holding this position steps down from the administrative role of Senior Associate Dean, the individual will retain their tenured faculty role with a 2 month salary gap to be covered by the individual.
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Education Administration & Leadership Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station
- Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in College Station