University of La Verne
Job Description Summary:
The University of La Verne is a private not-for-profit
university founded in 1891 located in La Verne, California. The
core values that we live by are Ethical Reasoning, Diversity and
Inclusivity, Lifelong Learning and Community and Civic
If you're passionate about these values, join us at the University
of La Verne!
The Regional and Online Campus (ROC) Admission Counselor is
responsible for new student recruitment and admission goals for
students to the University of LaVerne. This position reports
directly to the Director of Regional and Online Campus (ROC)
Admission and works collaboratively with all campus staff and
faculty to achieve enrollment goals; this position is expected to
closely coordinate activities with Enrollment Management especially
on recruiting strategies, processes, and metrics for success.
Generate new leads for designated programs, populations and
locations for the University of LaVerne by conducting the
- Conduct on-site/virtual information sessions at educational
institutions, community colleges, community based organizations,
businesses and other appropriate sites.
- Build and maintain partner relationships with community
colleges, educational institutions, stakeholders and
community-based organizations, businesses, and other appropriate
- Represent the University at events on and off campus,
conferences, fairs, networking mixers, and other appropriate events
to generate leads resulting in applications and enrolled
- Participate and lead on-campus and virtual information
sessions, during the work day, evenings and weekends as designated
by Enrollment Management.
- Establish relationships with prospective students and
stakeholders by providing accurate admission, program and campus
- Plan and participate in admitted student events and other yield
opportunities during the day, in the evening, and on weekends where
- Counsel students on appropriate steps between admission and
enrollment. Must have a good understanding of degree curriculum,
learning outcomes and expectations, including basic knowledge of
financial aid, and other on-boarding processes.
Track & follow-up with all leads in the form of RFIs, RSVPs,
walk-ins or referrals through personal contact and CRM system. Work
to convert prospective students to applicants with complete files
and ultimately enrolled students.
Respond to the leads
- Contact new leads within 24 hours, to include RFI, applicants,
walk-ins, and other populations as designated by supervisor. Work
closely with prospective students and applicants through the
admissions process via telephone, email, virtual, and personal
contact throughout the course of the admission cycle.
- Monitor inquiries, application counts, admission status and
registration of all prospective and incoming students.
- Follow up with all incomplete applications from previous terms
in a timely manner to encourage completion of application for a
- Counsel individuals and famlies as appropriate, in an
appointment setting about the university.
- Gain proficient use of CRM and other recruitment tools and
- Perform data searches about indivdual applicants and use
queries so that data driven decisions can be made about recruitment
practices. Develop and monitor statistical reports to enhance
recruitment strategies, yield management, forecasting, and
- Respond to all emails and phone calls within a business day,
keeping consistant communication with supervisor when response time
increases beyond the expectation.
- Work collaboratively with campus team to meet enrollment goals
for the University of La Verne.
- Work with the appropriate enrollment and academic program
leadership in coordinating new student on-boarding activities, in
conjunction with campus advisors, to ensure proper academic
advising and on-boarding.
- Work collaboratively with fellow teammates to support the needs
of the unit and meet and exceed enrollment goals.
- Work with appropriate stakeholders (including academic
leadership and partners) and Admission Operations to coordinate and
monitor the workflow for timely and accurate processing of
admission applications through matriculation.
- Stay educated on admission trends and best practices and
contribute to the team by suggesting new ideas for marketing,
programs or other relevant activities. Work with Enrollment
Management Leadership to identify marketing opportunities.
- Submit deliverables to enrollment leadership by stated
- Work in partnership with recruitment communication and
marketing plans and strategies.
- Achieve a high level of proficiency in products relevant to
recruitment including Microsoft power point, Microsoft word, WebEx
- All other duties as assigned by Enrollment Management
- Be a culturally competent employee who attends/completes
mandatory diversity and inclusivity trainings as provided by the
- 1 year of experience in recruitment and marketing
- Strong customer service skills
- Understanding of admission process and best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Commitment to diversity and inclusivity
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: http://laverne.edu
Located in Southern California, the University of La Verne offers a
distinctive and relevant educational experience to a diverse
population of students, preparing them for successful careers and a
commitment to lifelong learning across the liberal arts and
professional programs. The academic units of the not-for-profit
university include the College of Arts and Sciences, the College of
Business and Public Management, the LaFetra College of Education,
and the College of Law. The university offers both undergraduate
and graduate programs, including degree programs tailored for
working adults. The university's central campus is located 30 miles
east of Los Angeles in the historic Old Town section of La Verne, a
city with a population of approximately 35,000 at the foothills of
the San Gabriel Mountains. The university also has eight regional
campuses throughout California and the College of Law campus in
Ontario, California. The university is classified as a Carnegie
Doctoral Institution with moderate research activity. Core values
are reflected throughout all curricular and co-curricular programs,
its emphasis on close professor-student interaction, personal
support of its students, and its diversity.
The University of La Verne prides itself in being reflective of the
diversity of Southern California. Approximately 80 percent of its
nearly 8,500 students come from diverse backgrounds and the U.S.
Department of Education has designated the university as a Hispanic
Serving Institution (HSI). With 80,000 alumni, the university
fulfills a critical community function in educating students from
underserved populations, many of whom are the first generation in
their family to attend college.
The University of La Verne is an equal opportunity employer and
does not discriminate against employment or employees on any basis
prohibited by state and federal law. University of La Verne hires
and promotes individuals based on their qualifications and is
consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard
to race, color, religion, gender, disability, medical condition a
or sexual orientation