Director of Digital Development
Agency Name & Code
University of Mary Washington
Anticipated Hiring Range
Commensurate with experience
To coordinate and oversee the University website, providing strategic direction and guidance to site managers throughout campus.
General Description of Position
The Director of Digital Development ensures that the UMW website is stable and secure, continually evolving and engaging to all audiences. The individual in this role will lead strategic and creative use of the web as a primary marketing and communications tool for the University’s key constituents.
The director will identify and post robust and compelling content that complements emerging platforms of particular interest to vital populations, such as prospective students. He or she will maintain the momentum of our web redesign and update the site to reflect new University branding.
Required KSAs / Competencies / Qualifications to successfully perform their work
- Effective editorial skills.
- At least two years experience in web design and development.
- Understanding of marketing/branding, especially in terms of reaching prospective college students.
Preferred KSA's / Competencies / Qualifications to successfully perform the work
- Experience in a higher ed setting.
- Hands-on experience with WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, PHP/MySQL, CSS, and HTML.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in graphic design or a computer science field.
- Minimum two years web communications/development
- Outstanding front-end web design and production skills.
- Familiarity with trends in responsive design, HTML5, web accessibility, usability testing, information architecture, and mobile web applications.
Master's degree in a relevant field.
- Design/redesign of a web site.
- Knowledge of and experience with AP Style.
Special Instructions for Applicant
Include a resume and cover letter, along with three references
Additional Applicant Instructions
The University of Mary Washington accepts only completed online application and related materials. Faxed, mailed, or emailed applications or documentation will not be considered. Employment offers are contingent upon the successful completion of criminal background checks. If accommodations are requested either before or at the time of the interview, please contact the Recruitment Office at 540-654-1357.
The University of Mary Washington is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating and supporting a diverse and inclusive work and educational community that is free of all forms of discrimination. This institution does not tolerate discrimination or harassment on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, parental status, political affiliation, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. We promote access, inclusion and diversity for all students, faculty, staff, constituents and programs, believing that these qualities are foundational components of an outstanding education in keeping with our mission. The university is interested in candidates whose experience and qualifications support an ongoing commitment to this core quality.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fredericksburg
- Communications Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fredericksburg
- Digital Media Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fredericksburg
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fredericksburg
- Computer Sciences & Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Fredericksburg