Student Success Coordinator, Incarcerated Students (Full-Time, Grant-Funded)
Hudson County Community College
Position Vacancy Notice
Student Success Coordinator, Incarcerated Students
Posting date: 06/23/2021
Hudson County Community College (HCCC) is an award-winning, comprehensive urban college serving one of the most historic and ethnically diverse areas of the United States. HCCC students were born in 119 countries and speak 29 different languages. The diversity and the multitude of our community’s cultures, life experiences, skills and aspirations, are the very values and traits that empower us to be productive and caring members of our society.
HCCC embodies an unwavering commitment to student success and an intentional focus on diversity, equity, and inclusion. In 2019, the President’s Advisory Council on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (PACDEI) was instituted to develop new levels of understanding and access and advance the College’s commitment to transparency and inclusion. We are proud of the differences we share, which are the foundation for the life changing and transformational education we offer and the social mobility we provide to the communities we serve.
HCCC has three campuses located just minutes from Manhattan: the Journal Square campus in Jersey City and North Hudson Campus in Union City are adjacent to vital transportation hubs; the Secaucus campus has abundant parking. Fully accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, the College offers courses and classes in a wide variety of disciplines to the people and businesses of Hudson County, one of the most ethnically diverse areas of the United States. The College was recognized with the 2012 Association of Community College Trustees (ACCT) Northeast Regional Equity Award, was one of just five finalists in the U.S. for the American Association of Community Colleges’ (AACC) Student Success Award, and was presented with the New Jersey Business & Industry Association’s Good Neighbor Awards in 2009 for the Culinary Conference Center, in 2012 for the North Hudson Campus, and in 2015 for the award-winning Gabert Library. In 2016 the Gabert Library was one of three academic libraries in the United States to receive the Excellence in Academic Libraries Award from the Association of College and Research Libraries (ACRL), and in 2019 the Tutoring Center received the Frank L. Christ Outstanding Learning Center Award for Two-Year Institutions. In 2019, the College joined Achieving the Dream as part of its expanding effort toward continuous improvement in student success.
HCCC has partnerships with every major four-year college and university in the greater New Jersey-New York area and beyond, accommodating seamless transfer of credits for further undergraduate and graduate education. Hudson County Community College is proud of its culture of care and invites applications from those wishing to join a community dedicated to promoting student success in all its forms.
The Division of Continuing Education and Workforce Development is an exciting and entrepreneurial office within the College, which offers a wide variety of non-credit classes, courses, seminars and training sessions for the community. These offerings are focused on revitalizing careers, upgrading skills and credentials, growing businesses, and pursuing pastimes and passions. Additionally, the HCCC Center for Business & Industry (CBI) is the area leader in developing and delivering educational classes and programs for Hudson County’s businesses, organizations and individuals. Join a winning team focused on serving the educational training needs of the Hudson County business community.
Position Summary/Job Description
Reporting directly to the Director of Continuing Education and Workforce Development, the Student Success Coordinator works collaboratively with the Hudson County Department of Housing and Community Reintegration, Hudson County Department of Corrections, academic, workforce and student services departments, students and faculty to successfully implement the Academic and Workforce Pathway Program (AWPP).
- Understand business sectors in Hudson County and employer needs; able to translate into educational services for incarcerated students.
- Ensure that training activities are occurring for the participants as outlined in the training proposal.
- Create training schedules for all programs, track and create reports on all training outcomes, and maintain training records on participants.
- Communicate effectively with all internal and external program partners to ensure continuous improvement and success of the program.
- Assist in monitoring/managing the College’s agreement with the Hudson County Department of Housing and Community Reintegration.
- Attend seminars and meetings to learn new training methods and techniques and use the knowledge to prepare and coordinate future training sessions.
- Develop information sessions for recruitment to enroll eligible participants for AWPP.
- Manage the enrollment process for academic and workforce programs.
- Coordinate the workforce training courses.
- Become a subject matter expert on College programs, products, processes and operations, and remain up-to-date on industry programs for incarcerated and reentry students.
- Connect students with academic and non-academic services.
- Maintain in-house training equipment and inventory, and manage the budget set for training.
- Ensure compliance with all program requirements.
- Participate in all aspects of evaluation.
- Monitor the program budget.
- Perform other related duties as delegated or assigned by the Director, Continuing Education and Workforce Development.
- Minimum associate degree plus three years of experience in coordinating workforce training activities, preferably working with individuals who were justice-involved or higher education. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Candidate must demonstrate outstanding organizational, leadership, and interpersonal skills.
- This position requires some travel throughout the County.
- Proficiency with various computer software programs including Microsoft Office suite including Excel, and experience with Ellucian (formerly Datatel) Colleague or similar higher education platform preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a culturally diverse population and to effectively and respectfully function and communicate within the context of varying beliefs, behaviors, orientations, identities, and cultural backgrounds.
For full consideration please your send resume, cover letter, salary expectations, and a list of three professional references to Mcarchia2@hccc.edu.
As a New Jersey First Act Employer, new employees must establish a primary residence in New Jersey within one year unless an exemption applies.
HCCC is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We are committed to ensuring a diverse and inclusive learning and working environment. Decisions on employment are made on the basis of the qualifications of an individual for the particular position being filled. Women, veterans and minorities are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jersey City
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jersey City
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jersey City
- Student Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jersey City
- Student Activities & Services Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Jersey City