The Finance/Student Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all collection activities (current and past due) completed by the team are compliant with company policies. Position is responsible for actively speaking with students and must be motivated, disciplined and responsible, with a firm commitment to customer service. Position will complete daily/monthly General Ledger processing, account reconciliations and assist with other Business Office tasks as requested. Position is also responsible for assisting students when necessary.
Essential functions will include:
- Review current process and develop strategies to enhance collection of all overdue accounts, utilizing the best strategy available under company policy or client contract when negotiating repayment, while following Federal and State laws.
- Arranging for debt repayment or establishing repayment schedules in a way that works best with each consumers financial situation
- Reconciling active accounts with Collection Agencies to GL Sub ledger.
- Managing the write-off process of student accounts as it relates to collection agencies.
- Prepare and analyze reports as needed for management
- Managing Collection Agency strategies and partnerships.
- Prepare journal entries and financial reports in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Account reconciliations and assist in creating and maintaining system business rules.
- Reviewing and analyzing Student AR in relations to the General Ledger.
- Assisting students as needed
- Knowledge: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Experience: 5 years of progressive experience in general ledger accounting, A/R, A/P, account reconciliation and collection experience. Non-profit experience in higher education environment preferred.
- Skills/Aptitude: This position requires a highly motivated individual who is able to work independently and meet deadlines. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Team player with ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines. Strong understanding of Excel spreadsheets, Word and General Ledger Software (Ellucian preferred).
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment
All applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering equal access to its educational programs and activities or with respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources at 410-532-5898 or email@example.com. Notre Dame of Maryland University is an EEO/AA employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Accounting & Finance Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Baltimore