The Finance/Student Specialist is responsible for ensuring that all
collection activities (current and past due) completed by the team
are compliant with company policies. Position is responsible for
actively speaking with students and must be motivated, disciplined
and responsible, with a firm commitment to customer service.
Position will complete daily/monthly General Ledger processing,
account reconciliations and assist with other Business Office tasks
as requested. Position is also responsible for assisting students
Essential functions will include:
- Review current process and develop strategies to enhance
collection of all overdue accounts, utilizing the best strategy
available under company policy or client contract when negotiating
repayment, while following Federal and State laws.
- Arranging for debt repayment or establishing repayment
schedules in a way that works best with each consumers financial
- Reconciling active accounts with Collection Agencies to GL Sub
- Managing the write-off process of student accounts as it
relates to collection agencies.
- Prepare and analyze reports as needed for management
- Managing Collection Agency strategies and partnerships.
- Prepare journal entries and financial reports in accordance
with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Account reconciliations and assist in creating and maintaining
system business rules.
- Reviewing and analyzing Student AR in relations to the General
- Assisting students as needed
All applicants must submit:
- Knowledge: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Experience: 5 years of progressive experience in general
ledger accounting, A/R, A/P, account reconciliation and collection
experience. Non-profit experience in higher education environment
- Skills/Aptitude: This position requires a highly
motivated individual who is able to work independently and meet
deadlines. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
required. Team player with ability to prioritize work and meet
deadlines. Strong understanding of Excel spreadsheets, Word and
General Ledger Software (Ellucian preferred).
- Working Conditions: Normal office environment
- Cover letter
- Salary requirements
- Contact information for 3 professional references
Notre Dame of Maryland University does not discriminate in offering
equal access to its educational programs and activities or with
respect to employment terms and conditions on the basis of age,
ancestry, color, creed, disability, gender, gender identity,
genetic information, marital status, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or protected veteran's status.
The following person has been designated to handle inquiries
regarding the non-discrimination policy: Greg FitzGerald, Chief of
Staff, Notre Dame of Maryland University, 4701 North Charles
Street, Baltimore, MD 21210, 410-532-5109.
For all other employment inquiries, please contact Human Resources
at 410-532-5898 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Notre Dame of Maryland
University is an EEO/AA employer.