Academic Program Coordinator, College of Arts and Sciences
Suffolk University is a private, urban university located in the heart of downtown Boston. Our college green is the Boston Common and we are steps from dozens of historic sites including the Old State House, Faneuil Hall, City Hall and the Massachusetts State House. We have no real boundaries to our campus—Boston and Suffolk blend together.
Suffolk has been committed to creating an exceptional learning experience since 1906. Our vision is to be recognized as a dynamic institution that fosters engaged learning, rigorous scholarship, innovative thinking, and community collaboration across disciplines. We will ensure that Suffolk graduates are versatile and prepared for modern society and the new world market. We will provide rich curricula, experiential learning opportunities and professional mentoring through increased collaboration with alumni and community partners. We will recruit, mentor, and support a diverse faculty of teacher-scholars who are passionately committed to preparing our students to be leaders in the global community. We will inspire investment in a Suffolk community that is built on ethical, forward-thinking leadership, teamwork, and cooperation.
We compete for the best talent. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse community. We are actively seeking applicants from groups that might be under-represented because of race/color, gender, religion, real or perceived disability, national origin or LGBTQ status. As part of our commitment we encourage you to complete the demographic portion of the application in addition to submitting your cover letter and resume/CV as it will assist us in targeting our recruitment efforts.Please note that Suffolk University conducts background checks as a condition of employment.
We are also committed to the well-being of our employees. Our terrific benefits package for benefits-eligible positions include, but are not limited to:
- Generous paid time-off programs and commitment to work-life balance
- Tuition free course benefits in the College of Arts and Sciences and in the Sawyer Business School for employees with additional tuition benefits for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Top-notch well-being care available through Harvard Pilgrim Medical/Delta Dental and a Flexible Spending Account
- Pre-tax commuter benefit
- Employee Assistance Program that provides employees and their family members with initial assessment, referrals and short-term counseling for personal and work challenges
- Discounted home and auto insurance
Suffolk University is pleased to announce a career opportunity as the Academic Coordinator in the Dean's Office for the College of Arts and Sciences! If you enjoy working with students and providing administrative support as well as making a positive impact on students as they pursue their undergraduate academic programs, this career opportunity for you! Suffolk offers free tuition as part of a generous benefits package. You may be interested in pursuing your undergraduate or master's degree for free!
Please submit a cover letter along with your resume to be considered for this career opportunity.
Summary: Provide administrative and technical support for College of Arts & Sciences (CAS) academic programs, online academic content, and CAS faculty committees. This position is an integral part of CAS that leans heavily on academic governance oversight, CAS catalog management, and website management.
% of Time Responsibility
Management of CAS Academic Catalog and Academic Website content
• Oversee annual revision of online CAS academic catalogs, including entering edits in CMS
• On a daily basis, review and approve all web edits made by departmental CMS users
• Advise users on content best practices and troubleshoot technical issues with them
• Edit and proofread academic content written by others
• Ensure that existing and new academic content is accurate, up-to-date, and appropriate for the web
• Liaise with the Office of Marketing and Communication on CAS website content and design
• Coordinate marketing material revisions with academic departments and the Office of Marketing and Communication.
Administrative Support for CAS Faculty Governance Committees
• Provide administrative support for CAS Committees (scheduling and room booking; preparation of proposals and supporting materials; development of agendas; facilitate virtual meetings through Zoom)
• Serve as recorder for CAS Committees (Undergraduate Curriculum Committee, Graduate Curriculum Committee, Educational Policy Committee, Shared General Education Curriculum Committee); prepare agendas and post minutes
• Serve as recorder for CAS Faculty Assembly; prepare agendas and post minutes
Support for CAS Academic Programs and Initiatives
• Coordinate Academic Program Approval/Modification paperwork
• Maintain CAS Academic Programs Master List
• Maintain CAS Faculty Blackboard page
• Assist with CAS events such as Convocation and Graduate Student Orientation
• Assist with CAS Commencement (coordinate CAS student speaker auditions and packet pick-up; manage Commencement program content; coordinate graduate student line-up; etc.)
• Other administrative duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree with 3+ years of relevant experience; Master’s degree preferred
• Experience in a University or College setting, preferably in a graduate programs office Proficiency in Microsoft Office including database management
• Attention to detail, as demonstrated by copyediting and proofreading capabilities
• Excellent communication (both verbal and written), time management, and interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to handle multiple responsibilities
• Knowledge of College-level academic policies and faculty governance processes
• Knowledge of Sitecore, SmartCatalog, and Zoom preferred
• Standard hours of this position are 8:45 am to 4:45 pm, M-F, however ability to keep flexible hours to support program objectives, including some evening and weekends, is necessary
Suffolk University does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, age, genetic information, or status as a veteran in admission to, access to, treatment in, or employment in its programs, activities, or employment. Suffolk University is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. The University is dedicated to the goal of building a diverse and inclusive faculty and staff that reflect the broad range of human experience who contribute to the robust exchange of ideas on campus, and who are committed to teaching and working in a diverse environment. We strongly encourage applications from groups historically marginalized or underrepresented because of race/color, gender, religious creed, disability, national origin, veteran status or LGBTQ status. Suffolk University is especially interested in candidates who, through their training, service and experience, will contribute to the diversity and excellence of the University community.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston
- Faculty Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boston