Technical Assistant - Athletics
Technical Assistant - Athletics
Mohawk Valley Community College provides accessible, high-quality educational opportunities to meet the diverse needs of our students. We are the community’s college, committed to student success through partnerships, transfer and career pathways, and personal enrichment.
The College is looking for exceptional colleagues. We seek candidates with: (1) an understanding of the college mission and teaching experience in a comprehensive community college; (2) a focus on student success in a learner-centered environment; and (3) a willingness to use technology to support learning in the academic setting, including on-line instruction and assessment of student learning outcomes.
MVCC is seeking to fill a full-time position in our Athletic Department. The Technical Assistant provides skilled assistance to faculty, professional, or administrative staff in industrial, research, public service or other educationally related programs or projects. The work is performed under general supervision and requires a flexible work schedule to meet the needs of the department. The Technical Assistant (Athletics) will be a Certified Pool Operator (CPO) and trained in the maintenance of exercise/fitness equipment.
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Assists in the conduct of athletics/activity sessions, athletic fields, and spaces and in the preparation of all athletic facilities;
- Assists in the instruction and supervision of students in the use and care of specialized equipment and supplies;
- Orders supplies, materials, and equipment or recommends such items for order as directed by supervisor; Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment; Distributes supplies to students and faculty;
- Tests, repairs, cleans, and stores equipment and maintains athletic/activity facilities including but not limited to the pool, athletic fields and spaces, and the fitness center for both the Utica and Rome campuses; Maintains certification as a Certified Pool Operator (CPO);
- Serves as the event supervisor for home athletic contests, when required; Assists with supervision of Jorgensen Center, when needed;
- Serves a department liaison with Facilities & Operations Department;
- Performs other duties as related to this job description as assigned by the Dean of Athletics.
Mohawk Valley Community College is committed to transforming lives through learning, and as you help students secure the financial resources to pursue their dreams, you will be critical to the College mission and the student experience.
- Associates Degree
- Effective communication skills
- Possession of a valid driver’s license at time of hire and duration of appointment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the department
- Two years of experience in field of specialization
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) preferred or willingness to complete CPO certification
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 7/4/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.