College Personnel Asst II
COLLEGE PERSONNEL ASSISTANT II
Truman College’s Payroll Department is looking for a College Personnel Assistant II. The College Personal Assistant II is responsible for maintaining, processing, and auditing all timesheets. Performs a variety of moderately complex personnel related clerical duties under supervision.
- Establishes, updates, and maintains computerized and manual personnel records and files for faculty and staff.
- Reviews faculty employment contracts for accuracy of personnel data.
- Prepares and processes documents and forms necessary to initiate and implement personnel actions such as appointments, resignations and salary and title changes.
- Maintains records of leaves of absence, promotions, extensions of leave and related personnel status reports.
- Maintains records of employee addresses, marital status, payroll deductions, insurance, accrued leave and benefits coverage.
- Compiles personnel data for the preparation of administrative reports.
- Performs timekeeping functions and prepares and processes payrolls.
- Maintains employee vacation time, sick leave and absenteeism records.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from high school or an equivalent is required, supplemented by four years of experience in the preparation and processing of personnel records and files; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations in regard to personnel administration in the department. Considerable knowledge of computer software used in the maintenance of personnel files and records. Good knowledge of payroll and employee benefits procedures.
- Ability to maintain complex records and prepare statistical reports; work with and for a variety of agency administrators, employees and the general public; and ability to type a minimum of fifty words per minute.
- Excellent oral communication skills. Excellent organizational skills and considerable computer and keyboarding skills.
WE OFFER: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long-term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b) Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our website.
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action Employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Human Resources Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago