Light Motor Equipment Operator
Light Motor Equipment Operator
DISTINGUISHING FEATURES OF THE CLASS: The work of this class involves responsibility for the safe and efficient operation and care of moderately complex motor equipment in the performance of a variety of assigned tasks. An employee in this class is also required to perform recurring manual duties related to the operation of the equipment, and to perform other maintenance tasks as assigned. The work is usually performed under close supervision. Does related work as required.
TYPICAL WORK ACTIVITIES: (Illustrative Only)
- Operates light motorized equipment in connection with the hauling of material for road construction and repair;
- Operates a truck to transport work crew, tools and other equipment;
- Operates a light truck snow plow or related snow removal equipment;
- Performs minor mechanical repairs on automotive equipment;
- On assignment, or trainee basis, operates a heavy truck snow plow, bulldozer, grader, power shovel or other heavy automotive equipment;
- Services assigned vehicle and maintains it in clean condition;
- Loads and unloads trucks;
- Performs a variety of simple manual tasks, such as cleaning culverts, shoveling snow, painting, and road or sewer maintenance work.
FULL PERFORMANCE KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS: Good knowledge of the operation of trucks, tractors and other types of automotive equipment; ability to understand and carry out simple oral and written instructions; mechanical aptitude; industry and dependability.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: One (1) year of automotive equipment operation experience.
NOTE: Verifiable part-time experience will be pro-rated toward meeting full-time experience requirements. Only use the "Minimum" tab. Add the minimum and the preferred qualifications here.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENT FOR MOHAWK VALLEY COMMUNITY COLLEGE ONLY: Possession of a valid appropriate level New York State Driver's License at time of appointment and for duration of appointment.
Special Instructions to Applicants: Official academic transcripts required upon hire.
Review Start Date: 7/11/2021
Mohawk Valley Community College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer deeply committed to a community of excellence, equity, and diversity. MVCC maintains an inclusive learning environment in which students, faculty, administrators, staff, curriculum, social activities, governance, and all other aspects of campus life reflect a diverse, multi-cultural, and global worldview. We value the many similarities and differences among individuals and groups. We are committed to preparing students to understand, live among, appreciate, and work in a world made up of people with different ethnic and racial backgrounds, military backgrounds, religious beliefs, socio-economic status, cultural traditions, different abilities, sexual orientations and gender identities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Vocational & Technical Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Utica