Test Center Specialist
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Test Specialist Position's Functional Title Test Center Specialist Position Start Date 07/16/2020 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governor State University seeks to fill the position of Test Center Specialist for the School of Extended Learning. The successful candidate is organized, structured, even-tempered, and is an excellent communicator. This person will be the front line for rules and procedures when students and community members check in to take a scheduled exam.
- Proctoring (in-person and online) exams for all Testing Center platforms as the registration schedule dictates.
- Effectively communicate with faculty, staff, students, and community members the policies and rules of the Testing Center.
- Assist with online registrations using RegisterBlast and other approved registration platforms for the Testing Center.
- Coordinate and assist with other SXL activities, outreach, and projects.
Tuesday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 pm.
Saturday: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
With 1 hour unpaid lunch each day
Salary Range: $32,859.45 to $37,788.37.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications). Minimum Qualifications
REQUIRED : DOCUMENTATION CONFIRMING HIGH SCHOOL COMPLETION OR EQUIVALENT MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION, COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS MAY BE SUBSTITUTED (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. High school graduation or equivalent.
2. Any one or any combination of the following types of preparation:
A. Credit for college course work in any curriculum;
B. Progressively more advanced work experience and/or on-the-job training in the
administration of aptitude, achievement, and other educational measurements at the high school or college level that totals 1.0 unit according to the following conversion rates:
— 120 semester hours of “A” = 1.0 unit
— 3 years of “B” = 1.0 unit
* Amounts of education, experience, or on-the-job training less than those listed above should be converted to decimal equivalents of 1.0 unit and added together when computing combinations of the different types of preparation.
3. Any one or any combination of:
A. College credit in fields related to educational testing (such as educational measurement, tests and measurement, or psychological testing);
B. Responsible work experience and/or on-the-job training in test administration methods and techniques that totals 6 semester hours/months. These 6 semester hours/months may be used in satisfying requirement 2 as well.
For more details about this classification, you may visit: https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/Detail.aspx?tblClassIndexID=2314. Preferred Qualifications
Test Center experience and Bachelor’s degree Posting Date 07/06/2021 Closing Date 07/16/2021 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0528P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/6020 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: Documentation confirming High School completion or equivalent.
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
EXAMINATION DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a paper exam. Please see the State Universities Civil Service System ( SUCSS ) website for additional details at: https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/Detail.aspx?tblClassIndexID=2314.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency is required within 180 days of hire date.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
**Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting. Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Do you have a High School Diploma or GED?
- Cover Letter
- High School Diploma or GED
- List of References
- College/University Transcripts
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest