Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Business/Administrative Associate Position's Functional Title Business Manager Position Start Date 07/16/2021 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
The Family Development Center ( FDC ) at Governors State University is a NAEYC Accredited Early Childhood Program providing lab-quality education and care for children ages six weeks to eight years old in our infant, preschool, and school-age programs. We are funded by Early Head Start, Preschool for All, Preschool Expansion, and child care fees.
The mission of the FDC is to provide an exceptional education that implements best practices for children, an innovative learning environment for GSU students, and a network of support for the families we serve.
Functioning under administrative direction, employees allocated to this classification typically coordinate and manage the business/financial and/or administrative operations of a unit(s).
Characteristics, Duties, and Responsibilities:
1. Oversees the fiscal management of business operations;
2. Participates in the development and implementation of unit/departmental programs, objectives and
3. Conducts contract negotiations and prepares financial sections of proposals;
4. Represents the unit(s) on various internal/external committees as required of position;
5. Provides comprehensive reports and detailed analyses for administrative use;
6. May provide direct and/or indirect supervision of lower-level staff;
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Salary Range: up to $65,000.
(This is a non-unionized position. Salary starts at the base and is determined based on Education and Experience exceeding the minimum qualifications).
REQUIRED : COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS, WHICH INCLUDES THE EARNED DEGREE AND CONFERRED DATE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management or a field related to position.
2. Two (2) years of professional-level accounting, managerial and/or business experience, including one year at an administrative level.
3. Eight credit hours or more of completed accounting coursework.
For more details on this classification visit: https://www.sucss.illinois.gov/pages/classspec/Detail.aspx?tblClassIndexID=1568
1. Master’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Financial Management or related degree.
2. Demonstrated experience with managing grant (state, private, and/or federal) budgets and regulations.
3. Experience writing grants.
4. Experience with Head Start.
5. Experience managing a diverse team of supervisees.
Posting Date 06/22/2021 Closing Date 07/02/2021 Open Until Filled No Posting Number CS0526P Type of Search External Quicklink for Posting https://employment.govst.edu/postings/6018 Employee ID Department Special Instructions to Applicants
DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENT :
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: All College/University Transcripts (use “Transcripts” to attach document).
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter
5: A list of three Professional References
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you able to perform physical activities required by the
job, which include, but are not limited to the following: standing,
walking, sitting; using hands and fingers, reaching with hands and
arms; climbing, balancing, lifting up to 50 pounds, stooping,
kneeling, crouching, or crawling; talking, hearing, tasting, and
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest