Associate Director of Career Services
Position Type Civil Service Classification Title Program Director Position's Functional Title Associate Director of Career Services Position Start Date 08/01/2021 Position End Date (if temporary) Position Summary
Governors State University is seeking to hire an Associate Director of Career Services who will positively contribute to the department’s efforts of helping students acquire skills and learn strategies that are critical for career readiness and professional development. We are seeking a candidate who has demonstrated experience and skills in the areas of diversity, equity, and inclusion and is an experienced career advisor who can creatively empower students and recent alumni to navigate the job search process, build professional networks, make a successful transition to the workplace, and manage their early careers. This position will also be responsible for developing and managing an on campus micro internship program, as well as a professional development academy that will focus on the National Association of Colleges and Employers career readiness competency development.
REQUIRED : COLLEGE / UNIVERSITY TRANSCRIPTS, WHICH INCLUDES THE EARNED DEGREE AND CONFERRED DATE MUST BE ATTACHED FOR CONSIDERATION OF THIS POSITION (See “Special instructions to applicants” section below).
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. A total of three (3) years (36 months) in education, training and/or work experience in program development and implementation; developing and maintaining collaborative relationships to meet mutual goals; and advising clients. (Note: Master’s Degree in an area consistent with the duties of the position may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling, Student Personnel Services, Education, or a related field by the position start date.
- Understanding of organization-related issues; computer proficiency in Windows environment appropriate to position; excellent time management, organizational, and communication and listening skills; ability to complete multiple tasks; mature, professional attitude and appearance; openness to continuing learning and upgrading of skills.
- Experience with Handshake is preferred.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred.
- Supervisory experience of professional and student staff preferred.
For consideration, applicants are required to attach the following:
1: All College/University Transcripts.
2: Online Application – Must be fully completed, include all dates of employment, employment status (full-time or if part-time, include percentages), job duties and responsibilities (full details).
3: Cover Letter.
5: A list of three Professional References.
RESIDENCY REQUIREMENT :
Illinois residency required within 180 days of the hire date.
CREDENTIAL ASSESSMENT EXAM DETAILS :
This vacancy involves a Credential Assessment Examination which consist of a review and rating of the applicants Education, Experience, Licenses, and other qualifications. Applicants are required to provide electronic documentation as listed above to verify that the minimum qualifications for this position has been met.
VETERAN’S PREFERENCE POINTS :
Veterans may be eligible to receive additional points on a passing final examination score. To determine eligibility, submit one of the following documents to the Department of Human Resources:
1: Department of Defense – DD214/DD215
2: National Guard – NGB22 Form
3: Discharge Orders
4: Reserves – DD256 Discharge Certificate
Note: Must be received by the closing date of this posting.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a resident of the State of Illinois?
- Do you have a Bachelor's degree?
- Cover Letter
- List of References
- College/University Transcripts
- Veteran’s/Military Preference Points Documentation
- Letter of Recommendation
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Cooperative & Experiential Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Park Forest