The Instructional Designer proactively works
with faculty to integrate technology into instructional programs
both inside and outside the classroom; initiates and performs
instructional design operations for faculty; assists with the
implementation and administration of course management, assessment,
and other instructional application software systems.
Performs instructional design functions: works with faculty to
improve instructional delivery, including student assessment,
content development, instructional materials design and production,
evaluation of delivery methods, test design, and methods
Lead a team of librarians, content developers, media specialists,
and course builders in the development and revision of fully online
and blended courses.
Provides coordination of activities and support to the Mounts
online/blended course-related learning communities.
Provides design, training, and assistance services to faculty on
blended/online learning and instructional applications; orients
faculty, staff, and students to instructional materials, equipment,
and training; designs face-to-face and online training courses and
Actively promotes the integration of technology into instructional
programs both inside and outside the classrooms.
Provides formalized training sessions for faculty and staff on
online/blended learning including online course development team
Responsible for administration and management of the student
virtual online orientation and the online instructor self-paced
Other duties as assigned.
Internal or external contacts which
require tact to avoid confusion or to obtain cooperation in
addition to furnishing or obtaining information. The employee
assumes the responsibility for harmonious relationships.
Leadership of a small group in
work with well-defined goals for an office.
Works under general supervision
where standard practice enables the employee to proceed
independently on routine work referring questionable cases to a
Specialized knowledge gained by at least one
year of prescribed study beyond the bachelor’s degree.
Requires over one year of related
Desired experience to be prepared for the position and demonstrated
ability and commitment towards diversity, equity, and
Proficient in use of Microsoft
- Exhibit a "customer first" orientation in providing exceptional
service in all responsibilities and interactions demonstrating
versatility in handling people and situations
- Adapt willingly and quickly to changing priorities,
responsibilities, and students' (or other customers) needs and
expectations; anticipate and identify students' (or other
- Demonstrate an ability to facilitate transition and counsel
students towards the realization of full educational potential (can
be personalized for position)
- Demonstrated ability to recognize, appreciate and serve
culturally diverse populations, special needs, and others
- Available to rotate through multiple time frames of service
- Demonstrate an enthusiastic approach to duties and a commitment
to liberal arts education (if applicable)
- Collaborate well with others for a cohesive group
- Communicate, cooperate and collaborate well with others to
achieve common office, department, or University goals
- Willingly assists in various responsibilities as appropriate
within the department and other areas of the university as
appropriate as required during high service demand times
Attention to Detail:
- Develop and nurture an effective, productive, and respectful
rapport and working relationship with students, faculty and staff
co-workers, and various campus and community constituencies
maintaining an appropriate level of professionalism
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and organizational skills, a
sense of humor, flexibility, and creativity
- Demonstrate strong written, telephone, and electronic (email
and internet) communication skills and strengths in public speaking
- Communicate information clearly and concisely and listen well
- Maintain a high level of accuracy, consistently reviewing work
to detect errors, oversights, or omissions
- Take immediate and independent action when necessary assuming
initiative for creative problem solving
- Demonstrate creativity and high energy
- Accomplish tasks with follow through to completion
Work Environment, Physical Demands:
- Recommendations of a very technical or specialized nature,
which influence the work of an important function, and which affect
an important area of the operations of the University.
- Must possess an aptitude for technological development and its
implications for appropriate automation of office; proficient in
- Work that is semi-routine or diversified requiring some
judgment in the application of a wide range of established rules
and procedures but within limits of standard practices.
- Multiple service hours; computer data input; multiple
concurrent tasks with service interruptions; extensive customer
contact; strict confidentiality; detailed work.
To apply, please upload a cover letter, resume, and contact
information with three professional references via Paycom.
A review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the
position is filled.
Please click here to review the University's
Mount St. Joseph University is an Equal Opportunity Employer