Woodbury University invites applications
for a Community Outreach Coordinator. The Community Outreach
Coordinator will launch a new program that supports student
internships and employment in sustainability practices and promotes
sustainability through civic engagement events and activities. The
Outreach Coordinator will support three new academic programs-- in
sustainable practices, construction management, and environmental
sciences—and through coordination of activities and engaging
students, faculty and community partners, will promote sustainable
practices on campus and community-wide. This position will
work as part of a team to create and implement a holistic,
multi-faceted student support network to support students
throughout their academic journey. The Community Outreach
program will also help expand access to STEM careers for students
from diverse backgrounds that are underrepresented in those fields.
We seek candidates with professional experience and a demonstrated
interest promoting an inclusive culture, including Black,
Indigenous, and communities of color, in campus and community
Sustainability Programs Grant
This position is funded by a Title V HSI Sustainability Programs
grant and reports to the grant’s Activity Director. A goal of
this grant is to support a coordinated approach to identifying
skills students will use on the job, to referring students to
work-based experiences, and to connecting with employers around
university programs in sustainability practices. This initiative
will not only serve to build capacity in sustainability practices
but will expand access to STEM fields for underrepresented groups.
The successful candidate will focus on the three new STEM programs
during the five years of the grant but upon completion of the grant
will work across departments in the university.
Salary and Benefits
Salary Range - $55,374 to $60,409
This position qualifies for generous University-sponsored
employee benefit plans and programs (e.g., group health insurance,
life insurance, tax deferred annuity plan, annual vacation, sick,
and paid holidays), subject to the eligibility requirements and
conditions of each plan and program.
- Work with faculty and community partners to identify and launch
initiatives that link degree programs to community
- Develop and pilot sustainability-related community
- Identify and create opportunities for students to gain
internship/work experience through sustainable practice
- Coordinate with career services, faculty and staff regarding
volunteer community and work opportunities.
- Help students find internships and employment after
- Engage with students, particularly with students in specified
degree programs (Sustainable Practices, Construction Management,
and Environmental Sciences).
- Maintain a calendar of outreach activities, including community
events, workshops, and other communication opportunities.
- Assist in the organization of special events, including
volunteer appreciation events.
- Prepare an annual budget for community outreach
- Develop new, and nurture, collaborative partnerships.
- Document and maintain records of outreach activities and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Qualifications include a Master’s degree in educational
administration, community relations, or a related discipline or
- At least 3 years experience in education (preferably in a
- Knowledgeable about and committed to supporting sustainability
practices and policies.
- Ability to work effectively with ethnically diverse
- Outstanding written communication and presentation skills.
- Friendly, enthusiastic, and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational, management, and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic community
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule, and occasional
weekends or evenings.
- Able to drive personal car to school sites or locations for
- Willingness to travel around greater Los Angeles area.
Physical Requirements: (Due to Covid-19
telecommute is available)
- Close vision, hearing/listening, and clear speech.
- Manual hand/fingers dexterity.
- Frequently sit, sort, file paperwork, grasp lightly, and use of
fine manipulation, lift, carry, push and pull objects that weigh 10
pounds or less.
- Ability to utilize office equipment such as computers and
- Works with/around and has verbal and face-to-face contact with
- Works indoors in an office environment majority of the
- Simple to complex reading, writing, clerical, and math
- Occasionally write by hand, twist, bend, stoop and
*Consistent with obligations under the law, the University will
provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability
who requires accommodations to perform the essential functions of
- May work extended hours during peak business cycles, including
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work with
Woodbury colleagues and external partners.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Commitment to personal
responsibility and value for safety; uses and promotes safe
behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Promotes Culture of Inclusivity
About Woodbury University
Woodbury offers a unique experience that is personal, communal
and practice-based. Every undergraduate major requires
an internship, giving students work
experience and a competitive advantage after graduation. The main
campus is a beautiful 22-acres situated in Burbank, CA, offering an
array of on-campus possibilities to promote sustainable practices
and proximity to numerous community partners in the greater Los
Angeles region. The university is committed to environmental
and social justice, and to promoting sustainable
practices. Woodbury University transforms students into
innovative professionals who will contribute responsibly to the
global community. The university offers 26 undergraduate and
graduate majors in the Schools of Architecture, Business, and
Media, Culture & Design and the College of Liberal Arts.
Woodbury University has both regional and professional
Woodbury University is a Hispanic Serving Institution with an
undergraduate enrollment of 1,117 students, of which 68% are
students of color and 48% are Federal Pell Grant recipients. The
university values diversity, equity, and inclusiveness as an
essential part of an experience-centered education. This commitment
to celebrate the unique perspectives, contributions, and
backgrounds of each individual is part of our DNA, with students
from over 40 countries providing an exciting atmosphere that
reflects the cultural diversity of Southern California.
Review of applications will begin immediately and remain open
until filled. Submissions should include:
- Current CV which lists the candidate’s educational and
- Contact information for at least three references
- Cover letter indicating interest and qualifications
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating
diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for
all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution
committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs.
All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made
on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability,
skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, political orientation, disability,
veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic
information, membership or non-membership in any lawful
organization, or any other protected status.