Woodbury University invites applications
for a Library Public Services Coordinator. The Library Public
Services Coordinator position reports to the University Librarian
and oversees the programs, services and resources for
the San Diego Library. Coordinates the
day-to-day operations of the San Diego branch Library; coordinates
the employment of students in the San Diego Library. In
collaboration with the library faculty, provides general research
assistance and instruction in library use to support program
This position qualifies University sponsored employee benefit
plans and programs (e.g., group health insurance, life insurance,
tax deferred annuity plan, annual vacation, sick, and paid
holidays), subject to the eligibility requirements and conditions
of each plan and program.
- Perform full range of circulation desk duties (e.g. checking
materials in and out, renewing materials, dealing with billing
issues). Answer patron questions related to policies and
procedures.Assist patrons in the use of library services,
facilities and equipment.
- Manage InterLibrary Loan functions for the San Diego campus
- Process and maintain course reserves materials.
- Check in and maintain serials collection; process serials
- Participate in collection evaluation and development.
- Coordinate the recruitment, orientation, training, supervision,
and evaluation of student workers. Schedule student workers.
- Communicate with Financial Aid regarding students' work-study
awards. Verify and approve student employee timesheets.
- Coordinate stacks maintenance and facility maintenance.
- Prepare reports; gather and maintain library statistics.
- Assist with the processing of new materials and donations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A two year college degree (AA or AS) in any field
- Two years of related library experience required; three years
- Ability to handle public contacts with tact, courtesy, patience
- Ability to work independently without supervision in a
fast-paced environment; ability to work effectively in a team
- Ability to delegate tasks responsibly and oversee their
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly motivated and dependable.
- Willing to work flexible hours.
- Attentive to detail.
- Strong organization and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, calendaring software,
and standard office equipment; ability to learn new applications
such as WMS.
- Subject background in Library Science.
- Subject background in Architecture, Art or Design.
- General knowledge of scholarly research methods in an academic
- Close vision, hearing/listening, and clear speech.
- Manual hand/fingers dexterity.
- Combination of sedentary work, kneeling, stooping, bending,
sitting, squatting, standing, etc.
- Works with/around and has verbal and face-to-face contact with
- Simple to complex reading, writing, clerical and math
- Analysis, perception/comprehension and judgment/decision making
APPLICATION: Review of applications will
begin immediately and remain open until filled. Expected start date
is mid-August. Submissions must include:
- Current resume/CV which lists educational and employment
All application materials must be submitted through
the Woodbury University Job Board.
Email applications and submissions on third party platforms will
not be considered.
Woodbury University is dedicated to celebrating
diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for
all employees. Woodbury University is an EEO/AA institution
committed to multicultural diversity in its peoples and programs.
All employment decisions for all job classifications will be made
on the basis of such factors as education, character, ability,
skill and training, without regard to race, religion, color, sex,
age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender
expression, national origin, political orientation, disability,
veteran status, marital status, parental status, genetic
information, membership or non-membership in any lawful
organization, or any other protected status.