The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for
developing and implementing the long-term marketing &
communication vision for Missouri Western’s brand.
Responsibilities include planning, development and implementation
of all Missouri Western marketing strategies and University
communications, both external and internal.
Oversees development and implementation of support materials and
services in the area of marketing and communications.
Directs the efforts of the marketing and communications staff,
serves as a liaison to the President’s Cabinet and coordinates at
the strategic and tactical levels with the other functions of the
ESSENTIAL DUTIES :
• Responsible for creating, implementing and measuring the success
of comprehensive communications and marketing initiatives that will
enhance the Missouri Western image and position within the
marketplace and the general public.
• Oversees the creative team that provides creative assets for
enrollment management and development.
• Provides strategic communication support to the University’s
• Manages and facilitates internal communications.
• Provides strategic leadership and management for the Marketing
and Communications team.
• Manages the strategic communications and creative design of
Missouri Western marketing and communications activities and
o Admissions/Enrollment Management
o Website, Social Media, video production
o Institutional Advancement
o Conference Services and Events
o Media Relations
o President’s Office
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communication, Marketing,
Journalism, or related area
• Five years of experience in communications and marketing, brand
management, digital media
• Engagement with higher education enrollment management
• Experience leading teams
• Master’s degree
• Sedentary Work
• Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a
negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are
sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally
and all other sedentary criteria are met.
Valid Driver’s License
May require some travel
May require some nights and weekends
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES :
• Creative, visionary, and innovative
• Integrated marketing plans and strategies
• Brand management best practices and procedures
• Media relations plans and strategies
• Publications practices and procedures
• Digital and social media
• Strategic thinking
• Public relations
• Strong written and oral communication
• Project management
• Dynamic leadership
• Communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction
with colleagues and the public
• Emergency communication/management and ability to manage