Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University’s Prescott, Arizona campus is
looking to hire an Assistant Softball Coach (20 hours/week) to
support the Athletics Department. Embry-Riddle's Prescott Campus is
respected worldwide for cutting-edge instruction and training for
tomorrow’s aviation, aerospace, security and intelligence leaders.
Prescott is a mile-high city and its climate reflects seasonable
weather excellent for flying. Daytime averages are 80°F in the
summer and 45°F in the winter. At 5,000 ft. above sea level, it
boasts a mild climate, clean air, pristine wilderness areas, and
nearby national forests. The university is a small, private,
residential university in the mountains of Arizona with
approximately 3,500 students. Staff/faculty/student interaction is
highly valued and is a central theme of our campus. It is located
100 miles north of Phoenix and 120 miles south of the Grand
The Assistant Softball Coach provides assistance to the Head
Softball Coach with all activities associated with the Baseball
program, including recruitment, monitoring academic performance and
social development, maintaining discipline and player development,
fundraising activities, assist in coordinating summer camps,
pre-and post-season conditioning programs, practice planning, and
game preparation and execution.
- Provides assistance to the Head Softball Coach with activities
associated with the program and student athletes, including
recruitment, monitoring academic performance and social
development, maintaining discipline and development programs,
fundraising activities, and assist in coordinating summer camps,
pre and post-season conditioning programs, and preparation for
practices and games.
- Assists in the recruitment of student athletes, including
pitchers. Attends off campus games for the purpose of evaluation
and contact. Coordinates the outflow of recruitment materials and
information. Maintains contact with prospective student-athletes.
Plans campus visits with prospective student-athletes and their
- Prepares, plans, conducts, and evaluates practice sessions.
Teaches individuals and groups of players' specific tasks and
skills before, during, and after practice, on and off-season.
- Assists with offensive and defensive sessions during skills
instruction and team practice. Attends and works all
non-championship and championship segment games, including
traveling to and from game sites, monitoring of student-athletes
while on-and-off campus, and developing game plans with coaching
ERAU benefits include:
- Retirement Plan - ERAU offers immediate vesting and provides a
6% gift and will match up to 3.5% of employee contributions
- Use of various campus services: fitness center, library, mail
room and enjoy observation flights
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an
appropriate area of specialization.
- Three years of coaching experience.
- Current CPR/AED certification or ability to obtain within two
months of employment.
- Valid driver's license and the ability to travel throughout the
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Master's degree from an accredited institution in an
appropriate area of specialization.
- Five years of collegiate coaching experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to rules/policy compliance, as well as,
demonstrated commitment to student-athlete success both
academically and athletically.
- Knowledge of all aspects of the sport of baseball with
demonstrated expertise in pitching instruction and
- Demonstrated management, organizational, and communication
- Ability to maintain compliance with NAIA rules/policies and to
guide student-athletes toward successful completion of an
undergraduate degree while participating in intercollegiate
- Ability to participate in softball related activities
(throwing, catching, hitting, and pitching) in order to demonstrate
skills required and provide live practice to players.