Fairfield University is a co-educational, comprehensive Jesuit
university with a 200-acre campus located along the scenic
shoreline community of Fairfield, CT. The University is comprised
of approximately 3,500 undergraduate and 1,200 graduate students
pursuing degrees within 5 schools: The College of Arts and
Sciences, The Charles F. Dolan School of Business, The School of
Engineering, The Marion Peckham Egan School of Nursing and Health
Studies, and School of Education and Human Development. As an
expression of our Jesuit, Catholic mission and identity, Fairfield
embraces a liberal humanistic approach to education, encouraging
critical thinking, cultivating free and open inquiry, and fostering
ethical and religious values.
DEPARTMENT: Men’s Rowing
Responsible for the usual and customary
duties associated with assisting in the coaching of an athletic
program; responsible for knowledge and skills entailed in the sport
UNUSUAL WORK CONDITIONS:
Non-traditional work hours;
possible extensive travel involved; potential exposure to blood
Related coaching experience preferred
REPORTS TO: Head Coach
1. Assists the Head Coach with the responsibility for a
- overseeing the recruitment of academically qualified student
- helping to maintain the academic success and progress of all
athletes with assistance from the Student Academic Support
- preparing the teams for practice and competitions on a weekly
- overseeing and providing counseling, training and conditioning
- ensuring the rules compliance of the NCAA, Conference and
University in the athletic program with the assistance of the
Services on campus,
2. Assists in the planning of the program.
- immediate reporting of suspected or confirmed rules
- developing an attractive annual schedule in cooperation with the
- meeting regularly with the Head Coach to ensure a clear
and dialogue of all aspects of the program,
- maintaining accurate files and documentation on the athletes
information for the annual report, recruiting and contracts,
3. Assists in the preparation and expense of a budget.
- recommending improvements to maintain the success of the
- planning for expensing of the annual university allocation,
- recommending yearly changes in the budget requests,
- approving all expenditures of the program throughout the fiscal
4. Assists in the coordination of student athlete programs in
ensuring the success
of the team.
5. Assists in organizing and administering a quality summer camp
6. Assists the Head Coach in promoting the University.
- being responsible for a great deal of public relations
radio, TV, the media and University Alumni and service
- producing a program that exhibits success and growth each year
due to a
great amount of spectator, faculty and media interest and the
for more University revenue,
- organizing and conducting a quality summer camp to promote
University and generate additional income each year.
7. Receives annual written approval from the Director of
Athletics and Recreation and the President prior to receiving any
athletically related income and benefits from sources outside the
institution including contractual agreements and letters of
appointment. Sources of income shall include but are not limited
to: income from annuities; sports camps; housing benefits
(including preferential housing arrangements); country club
memberships; complimentary ticket sales; television
and radio programs; and endorsements or consultations with
athletics shoe, apparel or equipment manufacturers.
8. Participates in the professional development of the
- attending divisional and departmental gatherings and seminars
understand the University and its goals and objectives,
- attending regular staff meetings,
- monitoring developments in the NCAA and the Conference
attendance at workshops, seminars and related associations
- promoting an image of efficiency and courtesy throughout
community and the campus.
9. Promotes safe and secure working conditions.
- promoting proper utilization of equipment, materials, staff and
- notifying the supervisor immediately of any unsafe
10. Performs other related duties as required or dictated by
Duties may be changed and/or be added at any time.
The above information on this description has been designed to
general nature and level of work performed by employees within
classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications
required of employees
assigned to this job.
Athletics - Admin
All offers of employment are contingent upon a satisfactory
Fairfield University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer, committed to excellence through diversity, and, in this
spirit, particularly welcomes applications from women, persons of
color, Veterans, and members of historically underrepresented
groups. The University will provide reasonable accommodations to
all qualified individuals with a disability.
Load a resume or CV first, then upload supporting documents
including a cover letter at the bottom of the third page under the
"My Experience" section where it says to upload a Resume/CV.
You will be able to upload up to 5 other documents in this section.
You will be unable to edit your application, so please have all
documents available before applying. Faculty Positions : If
you need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine
them to upload or email the additional documents to the applicable
contact in the job description. Staff positions : If you
need to upload more than 5 documents, please either combine them to
upload or email them to email@example.com