Strategic Projects Coordinator
Posting Number S01424 Position Title Strategic Projects Coordinator Internal Position Title Strategic Projects Coordinator Department Strategy, Planning & Support Position Type Staff Job Family Specialist Job Summary
The Strategic Projects Coordinator provides advanced and diversified project coordination as well as support for internal collaboration, general operations, and business processes for the College. The position exists within the Strategy, Planning and Support unit, reporting to the Assistant Chief of Staff. This position requires the ability to use independent judgment and initiative in managing multiple projects simultaneously while engaging a wide array of stakeholders throughout the College. This position requires a high level of professionalism, demonstrated commitment to embracing diversity and a commitment to equity and inclusion.
CLC offers a competitive salary, excellent benefits that currently includes BlueCross/BlueShield of Illinois health, Delta dental and Superior vision insurance plans, tuition support for employees and qualified family members, three retirement plans, disability, group and supplemental life insurance, health and dependent care flexible spending account plans, a four-day work week in the summer (Fridays off!), generous vacation, sick and personal time off and 13 paid holidays each year.
The College of Lake County ( CLC ) is a comprehensive community college located in northeastern Illinois committed to being an innovative educational institution providing life-changing paths for our students by offering exceptional learning experiences.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty, staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers in the State of Illinois for 2019. Required Qualification
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university plus a
minimum of 2 years of previous experience in an Administrative role, Executive Assistant, or similar position OR and Associate’s degree plus a
minimum of 4 years of previous experience in an Administrative role, Executive Assistant, or similar position.
• Ability to work independently, prioritizing and managing multiple projects concurrently.
• Ability to handle situations with confidentiality, tact, persuasiveness, and diplomacy. Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment. Ability to communicate effectively with varying levels of staff and external partners. Proven ability to work effectively with individuals and teams from diverse backgrounds and professional responsibilities.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Outlook/Exchange, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports and communicate with others. Desired Qualifications
• Experience working in a higher educational or not-for-profit setting
• Project management experience or certification
• Bilingual in Spanish and English Posting Date 06/22/2021 Closing Date 07/25/2021 Expected Start Date 08/02/2021 Special Instructions Summary Pay Rate $47,488 annually Full-Time/Part-Time Full-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week 40.00 Work Schedule
Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., require additional hours as needed including occasional evenings and weekend. Software Testing Required Excel, MS Word Interview Process Requirements Presentation, Writing Samples EEO Statement
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V Summary of Essential Functions
Project Coordination – 40%
1. Manage strategic projects and initiatives aimed to achieve College priorities assigned by the Assistant Chief of Staff. Projects will vary in time, scope, and complexity requiring collaboration across all units of the college. Examples of projects and initiatives requiring coordinated support include capital or designated fund-raising campaigns, college-wide student or employee initiatives, or community events and programs. The position is directly responsible for project plan development, meeting facilitation and coordination, internal and external communications related to the project, development of project materials, and presentation preparation, all of which must ensure completion on time and within budget.
2. Serve as the President’s office point of contact for college commencement planning, including coordinating speaker details and scripts and providing support for coordinating logistics.
3. Serve on committees, work groups, and task forces that support strategic projects, as assigned. Research and analyze data in preparation for, during implementation, or in review of initiatives.
4. Produce communications and reports to ensure accountability and awareness of project status.
Internal Collaboration – 40%
1. Create and organize the timely distribution of monthly Board of Trustees communications, which includes the following:
• Compile and proofread all submissions to be included in Board meeting materials, ensuring accuracy, consistency, unified voice and clear, concise language, and following up with college leaders and other team members to gather agenda and update items. Attention to detail is critical.
• Ensure that all protocols are followed related to the Illinois Open Meetings Act ( OMA ) meeting notifications and board agenda announcements to the public.
• Assist in creating or coordinating presentations for the Board.
• Attend monthly board meetings to support guests and presenters and to ensure logistical details are properly coordinated; may serve as a backup for taking meeting minutes if the Executive Assistant to the President / Recording Secretary is unable to attend.
2. Act as primary contact and respondent for all Freedom of Information Act ( FOIA ) inquiries. Partner with leaders to obtain necessary information and legal counsel on drafting responses and ensuring strict compliance with state-mandated response time requirements.
3. Coordinate the systemic review process and updates of all College Board Policies. Drive process elements and adherence to deadlines and shared governance review prior to public presentation to the Board. Maintain the Board Policy Manual on the College’s website.
4. Participation in the college’s governance coordinating council in coordinating and facilitating presentations, following through with input provided, and strategizing to broadly communicate input and decisions college-wide or as appropriate.
Operations and Business Process Support – 20%
1. Oversee business process analysis of centralized functions in the Strategic Communications & Initiatives department and in the Office of the President. Lead regular review and update of procedures and ensure that internal documentation is accessible and up-to-date.
2. Support the Strategy, Planning & Support unit and the President’s Office to determine the urgency of responses required for incoming items needing the President’s attention. Provide excellent customer service to students, faculty, staff and the community, and maintain the highest standard of professionalism that is required to represent the Office of the President.
3. Support student workers and interns in the Strategic Communications & Initiatives department. Provide support and guidance for the Student Trustee including at least one annual special project.
4. Participate in shared governance and support institutional collaborative efforts as assigned.
5. Perform other duties as assigned by the Assistant Chief of Staff. Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have either a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited
college or university plus a minimum of 2 years of previous
experience in an Administrative role, Executive Assistant, or
similar position OR an Associate's degree plus a minimum of 4 years
of previous experience in an Administrative role, Executive
Assistant, or similar position?
- * Do you have experience working in a higher education or
- * Do you have project management experience or certification?
- * Are you bilingual proficient in English and Spanish?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1