Physician Assistant Faculty/ Academic Coordinator
ThePhysician Assistant ProgramatSt. Catherine
Universityinvites applications for a full timeAssistant
Professorposition with a 12 month rolling contract.
Situated in theHenrietta Schmoll School of Health (HSSH), the Physician Assistant program fosters opportunities for inter-professional experiences among students and faculty from a variety of healthcare disciplines. Our faculty work collaboratively to support students who are passionate about social justice and plan to use their education and training to lead and influence positive change in their communities. This position is theAcademic Coordinatorfor the Physician Assistant Program and will be overseeing the administration and assessment of program curriculum throughout the Physician Assistant Program.
- Teach the equivalent of eight Physician Assistant courses
during the academic year.
- Provide clear, timely, and specific evaluative feedback to
students about course assignments and/or clinical
- Conduct small group, active learning sessions with
- Support of faculty, course coordination, oversight of
- Maintenance of accreditation standards as well as ongoing
program assessment and improvement around the program
- Participation in the student admission and selection
- Communicate respectfully and build relationships of trust with
people of all cultures and abilities, affirming the worth and
preserving the dignity of individuals, families, and
- Communicate frequently with the department leaders and/or
coordinators for updates or changing course information.
- Consistent with the university’s Catholic identity, its commitment to women, diversity, inclusion, social justice, and dedication to a liberal arts based curriculum, faculty are expected to manifest these themes in their teaching, research, service and accomplishments.
St. Catherine University in St. Paul/Minneapolis, Minnesota, is a comprehensive Catholic university and home to one of the nation’s largest colleges for women, with associate and graduate programs for all genders. Founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet in 1905, the University integrates liberal arts and professional education within the Catholic traditions of intellectual inquiry and social teaching. Committed to excellence and opportunity, St. Catherineenrolls studentsin certificate, associate, baccalaureate, master’s and doctoral programs in traditional day and evening/weekend/online formats.
- Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant, Medicine, or Allied
- If a Physician Assistant, must have National Commission On
Certification Of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) certification.
- If a Physician Assistant, MD, or DO, must have Minnesota Board
of Medical Practice (MNBOMP)
- If allied health, must have terminal license in appropriate
field of study.
- Five years of clinical experience.
- Five years of experience teaching in an accredited physician assistant program.
We seek creative, adaptable staff who enjoy working in a university climate that promotes cultural diversity, multicultural understanding, and cultural fluency. Consistent with the university’s commitment to women, diversity and social justice, preference will be given to candidates who manifest these themes in their experience and service.
St. Catherine University is an equal opportunity employer. Our commitment to inclusion reflects the central value of the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet to “love of neighbor without distinction” and provides a learning and working environment that is enriched by the diversity of all our members. Individuals of religious, racial, ethnic, gender identity, nation of origin, or disability groups that have traditionally had less representation in higher education are encouraged to apply. Should you need an interview accommodation please contact us email@example.com 651-690-6565.Application instructions for FACULTY
Careersto apply. Three references and successful completion of
a background check will be required for employment. For
information, contact Heather Bidinger firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application deadline is July 20, 2021.
St. Catherine University
2004 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug Free Workplace / Tobacco Free Workplace
Our university is a proud member of the Upper MidwestHERCand is committed to recruiting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff and assisting dual career couples. For more information and to find other higher education jobs in the Upper Midwest region, visit: www.uppermidwestherc.org.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- *HRQ: What is your highest level of
- Some high school
- High school diploma or GED
- Some college
- Associate's degree
- Bachelor's degree
- Some graduate school
- Master's degree
- Professional degree (e.g., JD, MD)
- Doctoral degree
- *HRQ: For any education beyond high
school, please list the degree or certification and the area of
(Open Ended Question)
- *HRQ: St. Kate’s is committed to
making Inclusive Excellence a reality and has identified “Drive a
Culture of Inclusive Excellence” as one of six priorities in the
strategic plan. Give a specific example of how you have promoted a
culture that values diversity, equity and inclusion in your current
or recent role(s).
(Open Ended Question)
- *HRQ: Are you presently legally
authorized to work in the United States for any U.S. employer?
Please be aware that St. Catherine University is only able to
consider candidates who are authorized to work in the United
- *HRQ: St. Catherine University
welcomes applications from candidates who are traditionally
under-represented. We are happy to consider candidates who are
currently in possession of a temporary work visa, however, please
be aware that we do not offer employment visa sponsorship. Will you
now or in the future require an employer to sponsor you for an
employment-based visa/status in the U.S. (e.g. H-1B status)?
- *HRQ: Can you perform the essential
functions of this position with or without accommodation?
- *HRQ: How did you hear about this
- St. Catherine University website
- St. Catherine University employee
- Academic Jobs
- American College Personnel Association (ACPA)
- Association of Catholic Colleges/Universities
- Association of Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- College or University website
- Council of Independent Colleges
- Diverse: Issues in Higher Education
- Google Jobs
- Higher Education Case Managers Association (HECMA)
- Higher Education Recruitment Consortium (HERC)
- Hispanic Outlook on Education Magazine
- Inside Higher Ed
- Insight Into Diversity
- Latinos in Higher Ed
- LGBTQ in Higher Education
- Minnesota College Professionals Association
- Minnesota Council of Nonprofits
- MinnesotaWorks.net/Minnesota Workforce Center
- Minority Jobs
- NAFSA: Association of International Educators
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities
- National Association of Student Personnel Administrators (NASPA)
- National Conference on Race and Ethnicity (NCORE)
- People of Color in Higher Education
- Pioneer Press
- Pollen Midwest
- Saint Paul Chamber of Commerce (SPACC)
- Star Tribune
- Twin Cities Senior Student Affairs Officers listserv
- Women in Higher Education
- If you are a Physician Assistant candidate, how many years of
clinical experience do you have as a Physician Assistant?
- 0-1 years
- 2-4 years
- 5 years or more
- N/A - Applying as a Physician with Doctoral Degree
- How many years experience do you have as a physician assistant?
- 5 + years
- 2 to 5 years
- Less than 2 years
- N/A - applying as physican
- Are you a licensed Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner in
the state of Minnesota?
- Cover Letter
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Recommendation 1
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Teacher Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint Paul