As a living, learning and working community, Susquehanna University affirms its commitment to being an engaged, culturally inclusive campus. As we seek to embody the rich diversity of the human community, we commit ourselves to the full participation of persons who represent the breadth of human difference. The university encourages candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply. Susquehanna University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Susquehanna University is a national liberal arts college committed to excellence in educating students for productive, creative and reflective lives of achievement, leadership and service in a diverse, dynamic and interdependent world. Its more than 2,300 undergraduates come from 35 states and 22 countries, and all students study away through Susquehanna’s unique Global Opportunities program. Susquehanna University’s 325 acre campus, noted for its beauty, is located in Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania, 50 miles north of Harrisburg in the scenic Susquehanna River Valley, about a three hour drive from Philadelphia, Washington, D.C., and New York City. For more information, please visit https://www.susqu.edu.
The Video Producer/Developer is a strategic and creative professional who works under the general direction of the Director of Design & Digital Marketing. As a team member in Susquehanna's Office of Marketing & Communications, this position will produce documentary, informational and promotional videos that reinforce the Susquehanna University brand and support divisional initiatives to internal and external audiences. The producer/developer is responsible for all aspects of video production including developing concepts and script content, collaborating with constituents to determine communications needs, meeting project objectives, balancing an array of video requests, managing projects in different stages of production, using a variety of cinematographic techniques, filming and editing to deadline, and working at times alongside student and freelance resources.
- Meets and collaborates with stakeholders to conceive of,
develop and produce creative/original solutions for addressing
university initiatives and strategic goals through audiovisual
communications which remain true to the overall Susquehanna
- Oversees all facets of video production including
pre-production meetings; concept development and storyboarding;
working with university writers on script development; scooting
shoot locations; filming in studio/on location; directing multi
camera productions; talent direction and interview conducting;
managing teleprompters, production, editing and
- Plans and performs video post-production tasks, including
reviewing footage, making editorial decisions, logging, rough cuts,
audio adjustment, color correction, adding photographs, motion
pictures/graphics, animation, audio/music, and final editing using
Final Cut Pro, Avid or Adobe Premiere software; utilizes computer
graphics and special effects for video post-production in
accordance with the overall production concepts; compresses/encodes
video projects for output; makes video products available in a
variety of formats; observes brand standards for consistency and
relevancy of final product; ensures technical quality of end
product; coordinates internal and external duplication services as
- Determines, transports and sets up suitable camera equipment,
audio and video recorders, lighting equipment, props, microphones
and other production equipment for individual shoots.
- Recruits and schedules talent for video shoots in accordance
with department and university policies and procedures.
- Meets regularly with the creative services director, designers,
marketing & communications team members and colleagues in order
to kickoff projects and brainstorm workable solutions to enhance
and upload video content to websites, social media and/or
- Generates new ideas for university video projects for the
Office of Marketing and Communications.
- Stays informed about the current state of and future advances
in video production technology and video distribution. Recommends
new video support systems and hardware/software technologies based
on analysis of college needs.
- Works with the Marketing & Communications Student Media
Team in an advisory role to add to the university video library
while enhancing the students' knowledge and skill set in video
development and production.
- Oversees the production of closed captions on Marketing &
Communications video productions.
- Maintains the university video productions archive following
(and adjusting as necessary) a naming, tagging, and archiving
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
• Knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and professional video editing software such as Avid, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut Pro.
• Knowledge of best practices for use of video, broadcast production techniques and standards, closed captioning, proper file storage and archiving.
• Knowledge of lighting and sound recording techniques, special effects, 3D and compositing.
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and complete simultaneous projects.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to establish rapport and work with a diverse group of administrators, staff, faculty, students, alumni and community members with various personal and professional backgrounds.
• Ability to use professional video and still cameras and related equipment.
• Ability to use effective visualization and shooting concepts.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet close deadlines with a positive and professional attitude.
• Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to adapt quickly to changing situations and environments.
• Ability to think critically and creatively with an attention to detail, have a high standard of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into the organizational structure.
• Must be available to work evenings, nights and weekends as necessary for assignments.
• Experience supervising staff and providing support in higher education is preferred.
• Still photography skills a bonus.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Film Studies, Cinematography, Communications or related field required.
Five years of professional experience in video production, concept development, filming and editing. Experience using digital technology and editing software (Avid, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut Pro).
Position requires the ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time, as well as the ability to move about the campus. Position requires the ability to talk and to hear instruction. Position requires manual dexterity and the ability to use fingers, hands, and arms to feel, handle and reach. Position requires occasional stooping/crouching and bending, and the ability to climb and stand on ladders. Position requires the ability to lift up to 15 pounds, and transport up to 50 pounds of equipment on rolling carts. Working conditions are primarily indoors, but will require outdoor work during video production.
This position requires a valid driver’s license, and the ability to drive and qualify under the university’s insurance carrier when driving a university and/or leased vehicle.
Experience working with a diverse population strongly preferred. Experience with project management software preferred.
Special Instructions to the Applicant:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Number of Months: 12 months
Other Number of Months:
Work Schedule/Hours per Week:
Posting Date: 06/21/2021
Open Until Filled: No
Anticipated Start Date:
Posting Number: AH00750
To apply, visit https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/2332