Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer
Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer
Posting Number: R0003644
Location: Salem Campus
Attention Current Willamette University Employees: In order to apply for posted positions, please close this window and log into your Workday account and apply through the Career worklet.
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Willamette University announces a full-time position for an Assistant Coach, Women's Soccer. The individual in this position assists the Head Coach in the planning, development, and execution of all programs and activities of the soccer program; assists in the execution of practices, games, and other competitive and training programs and events; plays a role in recruitment and retention; and assists in the teaching of principles and techniques to students.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
- Assists Head Coach with direction and coordination of the
women's soccer program.
- Instructs and coaches the fundamental principles and techniques
of soccer skills (i.e. competition, traditions, and sportsmanship)
as well as the philosophy of the sport.
- Knowledge of the sport to provide technical support while
teaching game fundamentals and skill development.
- Assists in the holistic development of the students by
providing leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic
development of student-athletes, including assisting the Head Coach
with counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting
practices, training, and competition.
- Enforces and exemplifies team and University expectations and
- Coordinates and assists in scouting, film exchange, and film
- Assists in planning and arranging team meals and travel
- Assists in the recruitment of qualified prospective
student-athletes for admission to a demanding academic
- Maintains relationships and strong communication with club and
high school coaches.
- Perform assigned administrative tasks.
- Assists in the marketing, recruitment, and attendance of all
Willamette University soccer camps and clinics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Collegiate playing experience and one to two years of related
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs and major social media
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal,
verbal and written communication and management skills; serves as a
role model for student-athletes.
- Ability to effectively teach and coach students in both an
individual and team setting.
- Knowledgeable on NCAA rules and regulations and adhere to the
philosophy and ideals of Willamette University and Division III
- Knowledge of and adherence to University policies, particularly
as they apply to student safety and hazing.
- Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal
arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the
development of student-athletes.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people
in a manner that positively portrays the university and its
programs, personnel, and philosophies.
- Ability to execute those physical activities required to
perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to travel and work evening and weekends as
- Must possess a current driver's license valid in the state of
Oregon or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire date and
satisfactory driving record insurable by the University's
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain
harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and
- Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis as received until the position is filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and
presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Apply online at https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/willametteuniversityjobs/job/Salem-Campus/Assistant-Coach--Women-s-Soccer_R0003644
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, WU is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. We seek candidates, particularly those from historically under-represented groups, whose work furthers diversity and who bring to campus varied experiences, perspectives and backgrounds.