Graphic Designer - Entry Level
Duration of Position:
Full year / Full time
About Vassar College
Located in the scenic Mid-Hudson Valley, Vassar College is a highly
selective, residential, coeducational liberal arts college. Vassar
is deeply committed to fostering a community that reflects the
values of a liberal arts education and to promoting an environment
of equality, diversity and inclusiveness. Vassar seeks to create a
pluralistic community for all staff, faculty and students. Vassar
College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer, and
applications from women, individuals with disabilities and members
of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Vassar College is a smoke-free, tobacco-free campus.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The Graphic Designer position is an entry level position and is one
of three members of the Publications department within the Office
of Communications, responsible for the design and/or production of
over 450 jobs per year. This small but very busy office works
closely together in support of the college's goals of marketing and
student recruitment; development donor solicitation and reward;
alumnae/i engagement and support; art center, gallery, and library
exhibition promotion; visual and performing arts promotion
including the Powerhouse Theater summer season; a full schedule of
faculty-organized speakers and symposia; student magazines and
reviews; athletics; and official campus communications.
- Develop original concepts and ideas.
- Take concepts from idea to design and through
- Follow direction appropriately and be able to work within
specific brand standards/guidelines as required.
- Create and produce work across a wide variety of projects and
disciplines including brochures, sell sheets, ads, posters and
- Work both individually and collaboratively within the Office of
A design portfolio, accessible online or attached with your
application, is required for consideration.
Special Instructions to Applicants
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Art, or related field
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal
- Proficiency across Adobe Creative Suite; primarily with Adobe
- Familiarity with aspects of typography and
- Excellent time-management skills and the ability to juggle
- A commitment to producing high-quality work that reflects the
prestige of Vassar College.
To complete your on-line application, you will be required to
attach your resume, cover letter, and contact information for 3
professional references. All attachments must be in PDF format.
Review of applications will begin immediately. If you have any
questions, please contact Human Resources, 845-437-5820.
For full consideration applicants should apply by:
All applicants must apply online at: https://employment.vassar.edu/postings/1855.