The successful candidate will oversee the strategic development,
execution and monitoring of all communication and marketing
campaigns as well as all print, digital and social media for the
Enrollment Management division. This position serves as the
campus-wide point person for all Enrollment Management
communications and marketing projects. The Director develops and
implements policies and goals for the EMC team and directs project
work undertaken by the team.
- Reports to the Vice President of Enrollment Management the
Director of Enrollment Management Communications:
- Works in a dynamic environment and leads the implementation of
annual marketing and communications strategies for all Enrollment
Management teams (Undergraduate Admissions & Orientation,
Admissions Processing, Enrollment and Student Services, Office of
Scholarship and Financial Aid and Business Intelligence).
- Oversees the development, execution and monitoring of all
enrollment-related student and parent communication journeys, ad
hoc communications, and just-in-time information to prospective
learners on all Northern Arizona University campuses and all
- Collaborates with the Directors and/or Assistant Directors of
each of the EM departments.
- Works closely with a variety of university departments to
develop and execute strategies and tactical plans aimed at
increasing the recruitment and retention of graduate and
undergraduate students to all campus locations and online.
- Work closely with university department leaders and serves on a
variety of university-wide workgroups to consult on best practices
in enrollment management marketing and communications and to
develop strategies and tactical plans utilizing market research and
analysis either completed by the university marketing team or
outside consulting firms that work under the direction of
University Marketing or Enrollment Management.
- Directly supervises a team of 5-8 full-time professional team
members and 9-12 student workers and the work of communications and
marketing managers in other EM departments to ensure project goals
and deadlines are achieved.
- Represents EM Communications Team and actively participates on
the Enrollment Management Leadership Team.
- Develops, implements, and evaluates annual marketing strategies
and communications plans with input from the EM Leadership Team and
other campus stakeholders and informed by research, data and other
- Routinely edits university print, digital and electronic
communications, researches trends and gathers market intelligence,
and evaluates Google web analytics, usability results, social
media, web content and customer survey results to generate reports
and recommendations based on the analysis of these reports.
- Collaborates with the University Marketing and Student Affairs
divisions to ensure consistency, alignment and integration of
student communications throughout the student journey and serves as
the liaison with these and other departments to track and manage
projects that require collaboration and information sharing among
- Has experience working with and adhering to university brand
standards and mass customization of direct marketing communications
- Has experience in higher education, creating comprehensive
campaigns and assets (i.e., direct mail, highly segmented email
campaigns, websites, social media, text messaging, publications and
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field, master’s degree preferred,
- 3-5 years of management experience or 5-7 years other relevant
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from
which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been
Please see nau.jobs for
full job descriptions and details on how to apply
online! NAU is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals
with disabilities are encouraged to apply.