Testing Specialist - Part Time
TESTING SPECIALIST (PART-TIME)
The Adult Education Department is seeking a Part-Time Testing Specialist. Truman College is one of the largest of the City Colleges of Chicago, and has the largest English as a Second Language and GED program in Illinois with more than 12,000 students annually. A Testing Specialist assists with the administration of large scale, nationally standardized testing programs, computerized college placement exams or other tests requiring special arrangements. Ensures the security of the exam environment.
• Responsible for setting up/clearing the Exam Room.
• Completes documentation related to the exam including tally of examinees.
• Inspects admittance documents and personal identification to assure that only authorized persons are admitted to the exam site.
• Instructs and monitors examinees to ensure compliance with prescribed rules and to prevent dishonesty or collusion among examinees.
• Responsible for the security of confidential exam material and booklets during the exam, constantly aware that all booklets are accounted for, seeing that no one leaves the Exam Room without authorization, and assuring that no examination material is taken from the room.
• Assists in clarifying test instructions for candidates.
• Collects test materials at end of testing period and enters test results in SPAS, if necessary.
• High school diploma or GED.
• Completion of one semester of standardized test administration; OR, any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education approved by Human Resources.
• Ability to follow oral and written instruction.
• Knowledge of word processing software; and knowledge of basic office procedures.
• Intermediate Excel skills.
•Must have evening and Saturday availability.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in CCC!