Manager - Early College Pathways
Manager - Early College Pathways
Kennedy King College
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
The City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) and Chicago Public Schools (CPS) launched the Chicago Roadmap - a shared, systemic strategy to generate economic mobility for Chicago’s young people by building stronger education-to-career pathways and removing barriers to student success. CCC and CPS work collaboratively to enhance supports and close equity gaps in five connected domains: 1) Academic Readiness & Success; 2) Access to High-Quality Programs; 3) Student Advising and Supports; 4) Career Awareness, Exploration, and Experience; and 5) Transparency, Alignment, and Collaboration.
Reporting to the District Director- Early College Programs, the Manager- Early College Pathways will manage Dual Credit and Dual Enrollment courses falling under the strategic model pathways, working closely with CCC district, college, and CPS Early College teams to monitor implementation and expansion of these programs, and developing new approaches to offering coursework remotely, and/or asynchronously as needed. The Manager – Early College Pathways will work collaboratively with stakeholders across CCC and CPS in order to ensure students from all Chicago Public High Schools have access to high quality programs through Domain 2 of the Chicago Roadmap. Performs related duties as required.
Positions are required to travel to CPS high schools and CCC campuses as needed.
• Oversees all Early College students enrolled in 15 credit hour pathways. Works with students, instructors, and other partners to ensure students can pursue and complete desired pathways.
• Identifies and works collaboratively with CPS and CCC teams to map and implement new, high-quality pathways over time including a General Education Core Curriculum 15-credit pathway.
• Conducts quality audits and tracks student cohorts to ensure compliance with accreditation policies, specifically the Higher Learning Commission’s (HLC) additional location rule.
• Oversees implementation of Jumpstart to Jobs program and ensures exceptional student experience from recruitment through successful completion of program.
• Develops marketing and recruitment plans in collaboration with CPS and college partners to promote Early College pathways, Jumpstart to Jobs, and other programs as needed.
• Monitors existing pathways for quality and relevance to student career interests. • Plans, develops and implements holistic student-focused supports to ensure exceptional student experience from recruitment to pathway through completion and application of credits to their postsecondary plan guided by CCC’s Early College student success framework.
• Collaborates with CCC’s CTE Pathway Manager to align pathway programs with innovative and relevant work-based learning experiences for students throughout pathway.
• Defines and maintains partner high schools’ Early College profile. Helps schools establish and determine Early College goals and work toward objectives within Domain 2 (Access to High Quality Programs) of the Chicago Roadmap.
• Monitors and reports on labor market trends, student engagement, programmatic and academic outcomes, and other relevant measures as needed.
• Performs related duties as required.
Reports To : District Director – Early College Programs
Direct Supervision : None
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Master’s degree preferred.
• Four years of experience in administering educational and/or student support programs in a college or university setting, non-profit organizations, or other educational settings.
• Experience in academic policy, student recruitment, providing wraparound student supports, and/or excellent customer service.
• Supervisory experience over academic support or advisor programs desirable.
• A valid State of Illinois driver’s license highly desirable.
• Must be able to travel to CPS high schools and CCC campuses as needed.
• Must be able to work some evenings and weekends.
• Strong understanding of the Chicago Public School landscape.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong administrative and organizational skills.
• Knowledge of CCC academic programs and pathways, enrollment procedures, Early College program, transitional coursework and related CCC initiatives highly desirable.
• Ability and desire to work in a culturally diverse environment.
• Bilingual (Spanish + English) or multilingual skills a plus.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Advising & Academic Support Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago