District Director - Marketing Communications
District Director - Marketing Communications
Malcolm X College
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
TheOffice of the Institutional Advancement(OIA) serves the educational goals of the City
Colleges of Chicago (CCC) by increasing awareness of CCC’s programs and outcomes among
prospective students as well as internal and external stakeholders.
TheDistrict Marketing and Communications Departmentstrives to create and maintain a strong,
highly integrated district wide strategic marketing plan, essential to promoting the City Colleges
of Chicago (CCC) brand, building public awareness and a positive image of CCC, and
supporting student recruitment strategies. In addition, the external communications program
advances City Colleges’ strategic performance goals and leverages the coordinated resources
of the Office of Institutional Advancement.
Reporting directly to the Vice Chancellor of Institutional Branding and Strategic Marketing, theDistrict Director - Marketing Communicationis responsible for overseeing the development and implementation of District-wide communications including marketing, advertising, and promotions. Performs related duties as required.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range plans, goals, objectives and policies for strategic District-wide marketing communications strategies to support institutional objectives.
- Assures effective planning and execution of comprehensive, pro-active marketing communication strategies reflecting district-wide priorities.
- Directs, coordinates and supervises the preparation of written, printed and photographed material to promote district activities, instructional programs and student success.
- Collaborates with district staff responsible for implementing creative and strategic vehicles and approaches to public relations, branding and marketing.
- Conducts interviews with staff to prepare marketing communications materials. Performs extensive research of source materials to obtain and verify facts. Analyzes sources for accuracy of information and to determine the most effective approach to material.
- Manages the day-to-day activities associated with all marketing communication efforts including project management, creative development, cross-functional implementation, campaign tracking and reporting as necessary.
- Directs the execution of communications campaigns in print, radio, broadcast, mail, email, and mobile, coordinating with internal units and external service providers to ensure materials effectively communicate the mission, programs and a positive image to all constituencies.
- Gives strategic direction to the creative development of advertising promotions and media to build emotional connection with target markets.
- Generates and writes creative copy that inspires consumers to act and develop further loyalty with CCC.
- Directs market research and identifies and tracks market trends in the education industry to ensure that CCC has identified the appropriate segment of the market. Collects and analyzes data on exposure, traffic and other metrics.
- Collaborates with the VC on the departmental budget and monitors expenditures to ensure adherence to budget as required.
Reports to: Vice Chancellor, Institutional Branding and Strategic Marketing
Direct Supervision: None
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Journalism Communications, or a related field
- Five years of work experience in communications/marketing/public relations
- Detailed knowledge and experience driving inbound marketing through digital marketing lead generation strategies and tactics
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and emerging marketing communications including social media and all forms of electronic media
- Strong creative advertising copy-writer and ability to create effective content marketing strategies consistent with inbound marketing methodology
- Detailed knowledge of and direct experience operating marketing process through advanced CRM systems (e.g., HubSpot, Marketo)
- Effective project management skills and experience with project management systems required
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment essential
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.