Student Coordinator of Technology Sector Education
District Office - 180 N. Wabash
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC), the largest community college
system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite
sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a
quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Technology Strategy, the
Student Coordinator-Technology Sector Education Strategy is focused
on student recruitment and success across CCC’s technology career
education programs. Facilitates and manages student engagement,
performance and completion of technology career education
The Student Coordinator is responsible for the development and
management of student engagement plans across technology sector
programs including academic pathways, work-based learning and
industry certifications, with extensive outreach and marketing to
existing and potential students, tracking of student performance
and oversight of relevant reporting and database management
systems. Performs related duties as required.
- Develops and manages student outreach strategies across
technology programs including academic pathways, work-based
learning and industry certifications.
- Collaborates with Program Director – Technology Sector
Education Strategy to identify opportunities to improve student
success and business process implementation.
- Develops and deploys relevant communication content to drive
program awareness and student engagement across technology
- Identifies and guides implementation of work preparation
strategies (resume, mock interviews, skill development).
- Designs, tracks and reports on student success metrics via
relevant software including spreadsheets, presentations and other
forms of digital communication.
- Identifies and addresses student barriers to entry and
completion of technology programs.
- Provides innovative perspective and ideas on how to address
- Liaison between Marketing/Communications and technology
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a
related field with a minimum of 2 years of progressive
administrative experience with direct accountability in workforce
training, corporate or contract training
- Demonstrated success in consumer engagement or relevant
- Proven experience in the design and deployment of marketing and
- Experience with large-scale programming
- Ability to cultivate and engage a community of students at
- Proven ability to work on larger vision with ability to take
- Ability to set and track metrics driving large scale goals
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel,
We Offer: Excellent health and welfare benefit package and long
term savings and investment programs including 403(b) & 457(b)
Investment Plans and a pension plan with the State University
Retirement System (SURS) Plan. Generous vacation, holiday, personal
and sick days, and tuition reimbursement. For a more detailed
overview of benefits, please visit the benefits page of our
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6
months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Thank
you for your interest in City College of Chicago!