Project Manager-Tech Strategy
Project Manager of Technology Strategy
District Office - 180 N. Wabash
City Colleges of Chicago (CCC) , the largest community college system in Illinois, is made up of seven colleges and five satellite sites, providing more than 70,000 students each year access to a quality, affordable education.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Technology Strategy, theProject Manager-Technology Strategyis responsible for implementing initiatives and executing projects aimed at promoting and supporting CCC’s vision, mission, and strategic plans on inclusive technology initiatives.
TheProject Managereffectively manages the life cycle of major projects, including acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of college-wide teams, district personnel and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. Performs related duties as required.
- Manages the implementation of projects and initiatives assigned by Executive Director of Technology Strategy.
- Aligns initiatives with the established strategic plan for the district and collaborates with district personnel to ensure alignment between district initiatives and college projects.
- Working with CCC teams, establishes and manages grants, budgets, purchasing and required legal agreements with partners.
- Defines project or initiative scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with project team, senior leadership and relevant stakeholders.
- Measures project impact and drives operational success.
- In collaboration with Executive Director, proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential crises, and devises contingency plans.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Tracks project milestones and deliverables through relevant software including spreadsheets, presentations and other forms of digital communication.
- Collaborates with Student Coordinator-Tech Strategy to identify opportunities to improve student success and business process implementation.
- Conducts post-project reviews and creates a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Through project management and operational success, manages key external stakeholder relationships.
Executive Director of Technology Strategy
- A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Three years of work experience in strategic consulting, strategy department and/or turnaround departments
- Experience working in the technology sector desirable
- Experience working in a higher education environment desirable
- Experience managing large-scale programs
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to guide and motivate others toward goal achievement
- Ability to work within a culturally diverse environment
- Ability to cultivate and maintain strategic partnerships with key stakeholders
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Chicago residency is required for all full-time employees within 6 months of hire.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Academic Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Chicago