Game Design & Developement Ft Faculty
GAME DESIGN & DEVELOPEMENT FULL TIME FACULTY
KENNEDY KING COLLEGE
Kennedy King College is currently seeking a Full-Time Faculty to teach Game Design & Development beginning in the Fall 2021 semester. If you have passion for teaching and learning, and are committed to the mission of the community college, consider joining our team. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success in the classroom by developing and using effective teaching strategies that meet students’ diverse needs and engage the student in critical thinking and problem-solving.
- •Design courses to meet learning outcomes, and promote students’ active participation in their own learning.
- •Create an effective learning environment that fosters students’ intellectual curiosity and helps students to problem solve using discipline-specific thinking strategies.
- •Employ a variety of formative and summative assessments to ensure that classroom instruction leads to student learning and the attainment of the student learning outcomes for the course .
- Delivers instruction according to course and program level outcomes
- Help students reach their academic, personal and career goals and foster a safe environment that respects the diversity of people and ideas by modeling respect for all students and conveying confidence in every student’s ability to learn.
- Contribute to and provide leadership in the student’s academic and professional communities, and promote collaboration and teamwork among members of these communities.
- Maintains, updates, manages, and ensures accuracy of content on Learning Management System (Brightspace) for all assigned courses.
- At minimal a bachelor of arts, bachelor of fine arts, or a
bachelor of science in graphic arts, studio arts, game design,
computer science or a related degree
- Knowledge of Blackboard Learning Management System,
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and ability to
communicate with diverse group of staff and students required
- Experience with a diverse, multi-lingual student population is
desired, as is a commitment to the open access mission of the
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, Excel)
- Autodesk 3D Studio Max or Maya
- Microsoft Visio
- Adobe After Effects
- C# programming language
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Modeling software like Zbrush
- Entrepreneur experience in launching a startup (writing business plans, seeking funding streams, bringing a game to market, etc.)
- At least 5 years of experience in the gaming industry
- Adobe Animate (formerly Flash) and Actionscript is a plus
City Colleges of Chicago is an affirmative action equal opportunity employer
Thank you for your interest in CCC!