Assistant Director of Office Services
This position reports to the Director of Recruitment in the Office of Admissions. The person in this position will assist in providing leadership over, and participate in developing admissions policies and procedures as they relate to serving our prospective students and families. These policies and procedures include, but are not limited to, analyzing data to make sure we are serving our constituents using best practices within the field of Admissions, the management of customer service initiatives, and the supervision of the Admission Specialists and Service Center staff and student staff. This position will also manage customer service platforms, including texting initiatives, AdmitHub and other like products. Additionally, the person in this position must be familiar with and observe professional ethics expectations including policies of the Office of Admissions and codes of conduct of professional organizations in which the university holds membership. This position will also understand and promote the university's commitment to the principles of diversity.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
As one of only 36 U.S. public research institutions in the Association of American Universities (AAU), the University of Colorado Boulder is about realizing the positive impacts of new knowledge.
From offering dozens of exciting programs in a range of academic fields, to serving as one of the world’s most dynamic research and innovation hubs, to working closely through hundreds of public outreach efforts with communities across Colorado and the world, we take pride in helping our students, faculty, staff and partners turn new ideas into productive outcomes that change lives.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Responsible for the management and assessment associated with the Office of Admissions Office Services Team. The Office Services Team is charged with the coordination of public-facing services of the Office of Admissions, including the Admissions Service Center. This individual is charged with managing and supporting the Admissions Specialist.
Manages, trains, supervises and evaluates professional staff members including student staff. Participates in staff development activities such as university workshops, conferences and programs, and state and national professional organizations. This position is also a member of the Senior Management Team within the office.
Responsible for overseeing and executing recruitment and yield-related admissions activities. This includes phone call campaigns, text message campaigns, and the web chatbot.
Assesses the inbound and outbound communications to improve and maintain a high level of customer service to prospective students, families, and other constituents.
Provides admission-related information to prospective students by telephone, in office appointments, text messages, and electronic correspondence. Participates in admission recruitment programs as needed.
What We Can Offer
The hiring salary is $50,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Resourceful. Be Professional. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 2-3 years of progressively more responsible and independent management experience in a collegiate admissions office.
What You Will Need
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Masters degree or greater than 5 years of experience in admissions.
- Significant experience in managing programs and/or staff in a collegiate admissions office.
- Relevant experience in educational outreach to disadvantaged students and the organizations that support these efforts.
- The ability to network with constituents and to form lasting relationships with campus offices and organizations.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume.
- A cover letter that specifically tells us how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications, and responsibilities of the position.
We may request references at a later time.
Please apply by July 5, 2021 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs .
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: Recruiting@colorado.edu
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Admissions, Enrollment, Retention & Registrar Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder