Gift Analyst (16384)
The Gift Analyst is a critical member of a high-performing and centralized gift administration team. The Gift Analyst will be the primary liaison to field the most complex contributions as well as the high-profile donations received by the university. The Gift Analyst will assist the Director in the successful recording, maintenance, receipting, documentation, and collection of regular and complex philanthropic contributions in accordance with the policies and procedures as needed.
1. Coordination and Communication
- The Gift Analyst will be in regular contact with fundraisers and DAR to assist with the proper handling of upcoming transfers and receiving of gifts included but not limited to Matching Gifts/Portals/Wires/Stock Gifts.
- Monitor all communication requests (incoming/outbound) relevant to specialized gifts and high-profile donations.
- Review and coordinate routinely with the Director to ensure newly received Gift Agreements meet the requirements for processing into the donor database.
- Coordinate with Finance on an ongoing basis to maintain current designation accounts as well as the creation of new designation accounts in the database.
- Communicates directly with finance staff, divisional business officers, chief development officers and other fundraisers, and other administrators as needed. Assists the Director in providing advice and assistance to university colleagues on gift handling practices, gift acceptance policies, campaign counting policies, and reconciliation of gift revenue.
- Assists the Director and coordinates with the Donor Relations unit in the production of pledge reminders, the completion of the annual pledge write-off review, and with other joint projects.
- Assists in making recommendations regarding the eligibility of grants for database entry and inclusion in DAR cash and commitment reports. Supports the Director to ensure that all eligible grants are promptly and accurately entered in the development database.
- Participates in the internal audit response annually and as needed. Partners with Gift Administration and Donor Relations unit colleagues to satisfy all audit requests and provide necessary documentation in timely fashion.
- Assists the Director in recommending and implementing best practices to enhance and improve performance of the Gift Administration unit and ultimately assist in the overall progress of the university.
Essential Functions (continued)
2. Specialized Gifts
The Gift Analyst will support the Director and assist the Assistant Director by precisely handling some of the complex contributions received by the university, as and when needed:
- Gifts and pledges of $1,000 or more.
- Contributions from trustees and other high-level volunteer leaders.
- Contributions from members of the President’s Council.
- Corporate in-kind gifts, eligible corporate discounts, and other corporate philanthropic contributions.
- Personal in-kind gifts.
- Securities gifts.
- Estates in administration.
- IRA roll-over gifts.
- DAF gifts.
- Other planned gifts.
- Non-federal grants.
3. Ancillary Responsibilities
- Performs other related duties as requested or required.
- The Gift Analyst reports to the Director of Gift Administration.
- The Gift Analyst will not supervise any full-time staff but may directly or indirectly supervise one or more part-time employees.
- The Gift Analyst does not have budgetary authority.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full time
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Three to five years of experience in development, accounting, finance, or a related field is required.
- Experience working with relational databases and executing data entry are required, preferably in an accounting or fundraising environment.
- Excellent organizational skills, and ability to meet deadlines are required.
- Meticulous manner and strict attention to detail are required.
- Ability to identify and articulate software problems and communicate those to both technical and non-technical stakeholders is required.
- Interest in fundraising and alumni relations priorities, best practices, basic industry vocabulary, and general operations is required.
- Discretion and ability to process confidential information in a timely, accurate, and professional manner are required.
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly Word and Excel, are required.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
- This position may be designated as essential and required to work during the university’s winter holiday break.
- Hiring offers for this position are contingent on successful completion of a background check.
- Click here to learn about American University's unique benefit options
Current American University Employees:
If you are a current full-time or part-time staff member at American University, please log intoAsuccessfulU through themyAU portal . Once in AsuccessfulU, please select the Careers tile which will take you to our internal career page.
For more information or assistance with the American University careers site, email firstname.lastname@example.org .
American University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution that operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The university does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, disability, marital status, personal appearance, gender identity and expression, family responsibilities, political affiliation, source of income, veteran status, an individual’s genetic information or any other bases under federal or local laws (collectively "Protected Bases") in its programs and activities.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Computer Services & Information Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Washington D.C.