The Student Financial Aid Coordinator provides financial aid
counseling and administrative support duties to facilitate the
operation of the Financial Aid department.
- Provide advice, counsel and support to students and families
concerning financial aid options, including FAFSA completion,
grants, scholarships, loans, and work study.
- Meet with students and/parents in person (walkins and
appointments) or correspond via email and/or discuss over the phone
financial aid questions and concerns.
- Serve as an expert on financial aid policies and procedures,
such as FAFSA completion, institutional, federal and state aid
programs and eligibility, federal and private loan information and
- Coordinate the process of creating and distributing financial
aid and scholarship packages to individual students.
- Supervise assigned student workers. Interview, hire, train,
oversee work performed, and verify hours worked.
- Process related financial aid documents to facilitate the
awarding of scholarships, grants and other institutional, federal
and/or state financial aid. Assist in the collection and review of
documentation relating to FAFSA verification, financial aid
appeals, and other institutional, federal and/or state financial
- Assist with audits, compliance, reporting and data
- Requires education generally equivalent to a Bachelor’s
REQUIRED SKILLS, ABILITIES AND/OR LICENSURE
- Requires 1 to 3 years of experience in Financial Aid and/or
related administrative activities.
- Requires excellent customer service including oral and written
communication skills to effectively communicate with employees,
students, parents, faculty members and alumni.
- Requires the ability to use a personal computer and word
processing and spread applications.
- Requires knowledge of and the ability to use a variety of
standard office equipment such as a telephone and computer
Founded in 1847, Carthage College combines an environment of
reflection and self-discovery with a culture of high expectation,
so that our students uncover and ignite their true potential. As a
four-year private liberal arts college with roots in the Lutheran
tradition, we place a strong emphasis on both moral and
intellectual values. Our prime location in Kenosha, Wisconsin,
midway between Chicago and Milwaukee, allows students the
opportunity to learn in a professional context. Our beautiful
campus, an 80-acre arboretum on the shore of Lake Michigan is home
to 150 scholars, 2,600 full-time students, and 400 part-time
students. Our rich academic experience equips students with
foundational knowledge and skills, preparing graduates to be
lifelong learners and to lead meaningful, productive lives.
Carthage College is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse community.
We welcome applications from a broad spectrum of people, including
members of ethnic minorities, women, veterans, and individuals with
disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender expression, gender identity, sexual
orientation,national origin, protected veteran status or status
as an individual with a disability.