Administrative Specialist, Strategy & Innovation
This position is responsible for executive administrative support, management of key internal organizational and administrative functions, and partner/prospect relationship support for the Strategy & Innovation department, including the Transformation Lab, Division of Professional Studies and Program Success & Innovation team. This individual will be joining Butler at an exciting time as it expands and accelerates offerings for adult and online learners and pursues innovations in higher education.
- Serves as the point of contact for Strategy & Innovation administrative support needs, including calendar management of the VP of Strategy & Innovation and Executive Director level or above department staff, making travel arrangements, processing expense reports, and meeting coordination.
- Greet visitors and manage all aspects of the office suite including meeting and training room coordination and event planning and oversight. This includes submitting facilities and event requests. In addition, manage all off-site event logistics including securing venues, meals, transportation, and meeting activities.
- Provides written communication support for the various Strategy & Innovation units, as needed. This includes managing and responding to email, preparing presentations, updating spreadsheets and drafting correspondence on behalf of unit leaders.
- Provide budget-related support including processing invoices, managing annual licenses and subscriptions, and providing support in the monthly budget reconciliation process.
- Assist in program level support including managing correspondence with faculty and staff, students, and online program managers. In addition, support the DPS team, as needed, in developing program project plans, processing student/client payments, distributing learning support materials, managing student registration and completion activities and documentation, administering assessment tools, and ensuring student/client questions are addressed in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
Relevant Work Experience: 5+ years as an administrative professional
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent customer service and support attitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Demonstrates a high level of accuracy, even under pressure
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Demonstrates flexibility
- Recognizes potential problems and promptly informs supervisor
- Willingness to work through ambiguity
- Performs work independently and with minimal supervision
Butler University is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and equitable environment for all employees. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, gender identity, sex, race, religion, color, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, national origin, or any other legally protected category.
Advertised: June 21, 2021
Applications close: August 30, 2021
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Other Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Indianapolis