Reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs, the Director
of Student Life and Engagement (DSLE) is responsible for the
direction, supervision, administrative oversight and coordination
for the Office of Student Life and Engagement (SLE) at Baltimore
City Community College (BCCC). The director will play a critical
role in strengthening the campus life experience. The individual
will develop a virtual student life experience to compliment the on
campus social life environment. S/he provides leadership in
collaborating with constituents from the both the local and campus
communities. The director will work with campus leadership to
ensure that co-curricular and extracurricular activities align with
the mission, vision, and core values of BCCC. The Director will
maintain a “Student First” focus and possess high professional
standards along with the ability to manage, develop and motivate
staff. The Director provides leadership to the Student Life team by
promoting community development and programming.
The Director serves as a member of the Student Affairs Leadership
Team (SALT), contributes to Strategic Enrollment Management (SEM)
planning, and collaborates on the execution and evaluation of SEM
initiatives. The director works in collaboration with various
campus departments such as the Office of Admissions, the Student
Success Center, Mayor’s Scholars Program, and Marketing and
Communications, and others. S/he must recognize the value of a
diverse student population and be able to integrate that into
activities for the College. Further, the Director maintains a
visible presence virtually and on campus. S/he will be actively
engaged in the creation and support of several large scale
campus-wide events; serves as a role model and facilitator to
student leaders; supports the development and engagement of
student-driven clubs and organizations; implements co-curricular
leadership programming; promotes student and organizational
excellence and best practices grounded in student development
theory; and advocates on behalf of student leaders and
***Please upload seven professional references as an additional
- Oversees the day-to-day operations of the department including
hiring, training, evaluating, and supervising full and part-time
- Prepares, administers, and manages the operating budget and
expenditures related to the department and performs analysis and
reporting to support decision-making;
- Manages the daily operations and staffing of the campus game
- Manages the process for student recognized student organization
leadership development, including travel (when necessary);
- Works cooperatively with the Office of Athletics and other BCCC
departments and student organizations on campus to facilitate
e-sports activities and other virtual programming.
- Enforces policies, procedures, and guidelines for events,
operations, and customer service, and strives for continual
improvements in operation and services;
- Directly facilitates and manages all co-curricular student
activity programs and events related to the Student Government
Association (SGA), students clubs and organizations, and student
- Educates the campus community about diversity and
multiculturalism through offerings that highlight the contributions
of diverse groups from local, state, national, and international
- Works with campus leadership in identifying vendor (and
contracts) for campus programs and events;
- Manages facility concerns including utilization of several
student-oriented campus spaces.
- Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Student
Activities and Leadership: Research best practice for student
leadership development programs;
- Design and implement a program for student leadership
- Promote student participation in clubs and organizations to
build enthusiasm around campus life;
- Manage assigned budget allocations and review and approve all
student event programming contracts;
- Facilitate large scale campus programs such as welcome week,
and other events, as assigned;
- Develop community service and volunteer opportunities for
- Responsible for the development of the virtual student Life
campus including but not limited to: online social events, gaming,
e-sports room, virtual student competitions, educational
programming, leadership development workshops, tournament
organization, special events, weekend and late night
- Develop a diverse array of gaming and online programming that
will attract participation from a broad spectrum of students;
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in College Student Personnel Administration,
Educational Administration or related discipline required.
- Minimum of five (5) years full-time, supervisory, professional
experience in higher education.
- Demonstrated experience with working with diverse student
populations is required.
- This position has personnel management responsibilities that
include assisting with the training, development and supervision of
professional staff and student staff workers.
- Successful candidates will have significant experience working
with engaging college students in a remote setting and building
student life in an online environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate positive relationships with
students and student organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate programs with other college
departments and to assess program effectiveness.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong
- Ability to handle extremely sensitive and confidential matters
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Knowledge of budget preparation and management.
- Note : Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all in-person
events are currently on hiatus. However, the selected candidate
will need to reside in the Greater Baltimore area for return to