Special Events and Strategic Engagement Officer
University Code 15911 University Title Administrator 1, Development University Job Family Development ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Job Series Scope of Search Regional Working Title Special Events and Strategic Engagement Officer Position Number 553820 Is this employee on a H1B Visa? Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department Massey Cancer Center Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
Massey Cancer Center is looking for qualified applicants for a Strategic Engagement Officer. Reporting to the Director of Annual Giving and Donor Relations, the Strategic Engagement Officer ( SEO ) uses volunteer-driven, event-based, and peer to peer fundraising programs to identify, cultivate and steward partners and donors along the full spectrum of MCC’s pipeline, with the intent to raise money, and feed the pipeline for annual, planned and major gift prospects.
• The SEO is charged with raising a certain amount of money each year through event activity, and will be measured on total participation of events, and the success of growing events.
• The SEO works to develop engagement strategies that will ensure growth in affinity and long-term giving, and leverages high-value relationships in order to access new donors and annual sponsors, while managing all logistics, budget and policy adherence related to successful event execution.
• The SEO will manage community based events, aiding members of the community with advice, guidance and support to host their individual fundraising events in support of Massey Cancer Center.
• Manage, re-evaluate and support the signature events of Massey Cancer Center’s development office.
• Utilize digital fundraising tools to grow the events program.
• Meet mutually agreed upon, written, annual metrics to define success.
Minimum Hiring Standards
Demonstrated experience with events fundraising and office administration, preferably in a development (fundraising) setting; demonstrated project management skills; extensive skills in MS office software including excel, presentation and database programs; comfortable with Adobe Photoshop; ability to use data to drive event decisions, and digital tools to grow the program overall; ability to manage on-line fundraising platforms and negotiate contracts; utilize social media to promote events and thank donors, volunteers and sponsors; strong grammar and proofreading skills with attention to detail essential; demonstrated excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills; must be dependable, accurate, organized, able to multi-task, experience in working in a confidential environment; ability to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines; ability to meet deadlines; demonstrated experience creating organized record systems. Superior customer service skills (ability to relate to people at all business and social levels, to respect the urgency of donor inquiries or actions in a professional manner); ability to adjust work schedule to meet tight deadlines or event functions. Experience in events management and volunteer organization support, including the ability to work with diverse personalities in a tactful and positive manner. Ability to develop systems to track and analyze results. Prefer development database experience. Incumbent should have demonstrated successful experience in interacting with philanthropic donors and advisory boards.
Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a staff member at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
Demonstrated experience working in a development (fundraising) organization; must have a strong work ethic with a high level of professionalism.
Experience in a medical and/or academic environment is a plus; must be capable of light to moderate lifting.
Required Licenses/ Certifications
College degree or equivalent experience and training required.
Anticipated Hiring Range commensurate with experience Application Process/Additional Information Campus MCV Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours M-F, 8-5 Job Open Date 05/14/2021 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/106114 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Describe your experience in a fundraising or development
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have experience managing events? If yes, briefly
describe your experience managing events.
(Open Ended Question)
- * Please describe your experience working and communicating
within a diverse population.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Development & Advancement Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Public Relations & Marketing (Campus) Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond