Talent Development Consultant
Internal Position Title
Talent Development Consultant
Talent Development Services
The Talent Development Consultant role is a critical contributor to
meeting the vision of the college being a leader in providing
innovative education and workforce solutions. This position is a
part of the Talent Development Services team and is responsible for
sales development and execution of corporate talent development
solutions for CLC client companies, non-profits, and public sector
organizations in Lake County. These off-the-shelf and customized
talent development solutions include, but are not limited to
development of leadership, computer applications, IT, language
(e.g., foreign languages, English as a Second Language), and
industrial/technical skills and competencies. Collaboration is
essential with WPDI staff, other College departments, and
facilitators to coordinate, design, and deliver talent development
solutions such as training, coaching, and consulting.
The College of Lake County is a comprehensive community college
committed to equitable high-quality education, cultural enrichment
and partnerships to advance the diverse communities it serves. CLC
offers a robust total compensation package including excellent
benefits, career development paths, and generous time off.
The college is widely recognized for student success, business and
community partnerships and for the achievements of our faculty,
staff and alumni. Long-known as an employer of choice in Lake
County, CLC was ranked #15 on the Forbes list of Top 100 Employers
in the State of Illinois for 2019.
1. Bachelor’s degree.
2. Experience in business-to-business sales: prospecting, business
development, and account/relationship management.
3. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal, including
4. Ability to handle the responsibilities and duties of multiple
projects in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
5. Strong abilities in organization, time management, project
management, and creative solution development.
6. Computer proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
7. A valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
8. Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of
diverse cultures, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate
sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic,
socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community
college students, faculty, and staff, including those with
disabilities; establish and maintain effective working
relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
1. Experience identifying talent development gaps and needs in
organizations, selecting and proposing solutions that include
training, consulting, coaching, or other educational services, and
converting the proposal to sales.
2. Experience with multi-level sales projects in nationally based
3. Experience designing and delivering instructor-led, online, and
hybrid talent development solutions.
4. Experience using Salesforce.
5. Bilingual in Spanish
Expected Start Date
Special Instructions Summary
Be prepared to participate in a mock sales meeting with a
prospective client, the first such meeting with this prospect. You
will role-play the position of a WPDI Talent Development Consultant
prospecting for business and identifying sales opportunities with
existing WPDI staff who will play roles of the staff and management
from the prospective client company.
Total Hours per week
Monday – Friday 40 hours per week
Software Testing Required
Excel, MS Word
Interview Process Requirements
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has
a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad
spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with
disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Summary of Essential Functions
People, Project, and Process Management: 60%
1. Identify, assess, and negotiate favorable agreements with
2. Meet with key stakeholders at client and prospective client
organizations to identify talent development needs and skill gaps
surrounding critical business goals and/or challenges, employee
performance requirements, and educational needs or objectives
utilizing interviewing, needs analysis, consultative selling, and
data collection skills.
3. Develop detailed proposals for talent development services,
including training, coaching, and consulting, that demonstrate a
strong value proposition.
4. Close sales of talent development solutions that align with
customer needs using a face-to-face consultative selling approach
and an emphasis on business performance improvement. Sales
execution will include the ability to favorably negotiate pricing,
content, and logistics that satisfy client requirements and CLC
financial obligations, including operating margins and payment
5. Generate annual gross revenue of $400,000 to $600,000
Product Management: 30%
1. Maintain current knowledge of talent development trends, tools,
and solutions, including WPDI’s and CLC’s services to be recognized
as a thought leader and able to present multifaceted solutions that
will successfully address client needs and expectations.
2. Critically evaluate talent development solutions for content,
modality, and format to ensure alignment and fit with customer
needs, objectives, and expectations. This might include oversight
of selection of off-the-shelf training solutions, tailoring of
existing solutions, and development of customized solutions.
3. Produce and maintain accurate records of all sales and account
management activities to ensure program quality, customer
satisfaction, customer relationship development, and repeat sales.
These records must be kept and updated in databases, including
Salesforce, and must include, but are not limited to sales pipeline
entries and updates, activity notes, sales call logs, meeting
reports, job worksheets, and sales reports.
Student & Customer Service: 5%
1. Conduct phone calls, e-mail communications, and meetings to
market WPDI solutions and programs to current and potential
clients, including answering questions and inquiries
2. Work collaboratively with the WPDI Customer Service Center
personnel to organize and coordinate the various elements
associated with training solutions/services and the post-event
1. Support WPDI marketing efforts by providing critical input and
feedback on marketing materials and campaigns, including brochures,
ads, eBlasts, schedules, events, and public presentations.
2. Establish and maintain partnerships and collaborative working
relationships with groups such as: other CLC departments, other
community colleges, other educational institutions, community-based
organizations, economic development groups, trade and professional
associations, and workforce development agencies. Collaborate with
these organizations for the purposes of staffing, benchmarking,
knowledge sharing, and joint program development, delivery,
marketing, and sales.
3. Perform other related duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher?
- * Do you have experience in business-to-business sales:
prospecting, business development, and account/relationship
- * Do you have computer proficiency in MS Outlook, Word, and
- * Do you have a valid driver's license and reliable
- * Do you have experience identifying talent development gaps
and needs in organizations, selecting and proposing solutions that
include training, consulting, coaching, or other educational
services, and converting the proposal to sales?
- * Do you have experience with multi-level sales projects in
nationally based corporations?
- * Do you experience using Salesforce?
- * Are you bilingual in Spanish and English?
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Unofficial Transcript 2
- Unofficial Transcript 3
- Other Document
- Design Portfolio