PsyD Program Coordinator
Job Title PsyD Program Coordinator Posting Number S956P Classification Title
The PsyD Program Coordinator is responsible for maintaining and coordinating the administrative functions of the Doctor of Psychology (PsyD) in Clinical Psychology Program within the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences ( CBSS ). The PsyD Program Coordinator is accountable for the compilation, evaluation, and processing of necessary paperwork for the PsyD Program, as well as public relations for the PsyD Program in general and scholarly publications and projects for PsyD Program faculty members in particular.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. General administrative support and PsyD Program oversight, assisting the PsyD Program Director and Director of Clinical Training ( DCT ) with Program-related tasks.
2. Maintain and prepare PsyD confidential files and reports, including the PsyD Program’s e-portfolio system and system for maintaining students’ practicum hours.
3. Coordinate, review, and update marketing materials for the PsyD Program.
4. Serve as project manager, including, but not limited to, maintaining the PsyD web page and master calendar and updating catalogs and handbooks, newsletters, other PsyD-related web pages, etc.
5. Assist with preparation of accreditation and/or re-accreditation documents for the American Psychological Association’s ( APA ) Commission on Accreditation (CoA). Coordinate APA CoA site visit agendas, manage and maintain all financial documents/payments to APA CoA and/or other professional associations.
6. Disseminate licensure and Program requirements to the appropriate persons, including administration, faculty, students, and other departments on campus.
7. Distribute reports to the College of Behavioral and Social Sciences regarding changes in APA accreditation, licensure requirements, and/or procedures made by the California Board of Psychology or legislation or the American Psychological Association’s ( APA ) Commission on Accreditation (CoA).
8. Coordinate, prepare, collect, and disseminate information and materials for the administration related to assessment and accreditation.
9. Coordinate and facilitate all events relating to the PsyD Program, practicum, and internships.
10. Supervise the maintenance of databases to facilitate communications with alumni and/or present graduate students.
11. Serve as the primary liaison between the PsyD Program and other graduate programs and inside and outside constituents.
12. Represent the PsyD Program Director and Director of Clinical Training ( DCT ) in communications with the Academic Advising Office, Registrar’s Office, and the Office of Graduate Enrollment.
13. Assist PsyD faculty in room requests, projects, events, textbook requisitions, and other tasks, as needed.
14. Assist PsyD faculty in promoting and marketing personal scholarly publications, professional trainings, etc., in order to improve the visibility of the PsyD Program in the academic community.
This position will be responsible for assigning work and/or giving direction to part-time Student Workers and Graduate Assistants in order to complete office work assignments.
Other Knowledge Skills and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Skill in the use of personal computers and related software applications.
Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues.
A thorough knowledge of: Business English and arithmetic; general office methods, procedures, and practices.
Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects.
Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information.
Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body.
Ability to supervise and train staff, including organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
Strong organizational skills and detail oriented.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Excellent telephone courtesy, knowledge, and experience.
Ability to coordinate and organize meetings and/or special events.
Knowledge of standard budgeting and expenditure control procedures and documentation.
Ability to interpret, adapt, and apply guidelines and procedures.
Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments.
Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
Ability to develop and maintain recordkeeping systems and procedures.
Ability to resolve customer complaints and concerns.
Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong writing skills and social media/marketing background preferred.
Open Date 06/21/2021 Remove from Web Open Until Filled Special Instructions to Applicants Nondiscrimination Statement
State and Federal law permit California Baptist University to discriminate on the basis of religion in order to fulfill its purpose. The University does not discriminate contrary to either State or Federal law.
Quick Link to Posting https://jobs.calbaptist.edu/postings/6589 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you a Christian?
- * Do you attend church regularly?
- If no, please explain (required):
(Open Ended Question)
- * Are you both familiar with and not in conflict with the
fundamental doctrines and practices of the California Southern
Baptist Convention as stated in the Baptist Faith and Message dated
June 14, 2000? (Please see above link for more information)
- Yes (I am familiar and not in conflict)
- No (I am in conflict or not familiar)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Other Document
- Other Document 2
- Other Document 3
- Other Document 4