Lead Front-end Developer - (STA007576)
Responsible for the Front-end operations of the Content Management System (CMS) for University Marketing and Communications Division. Participates in solutions, perform coding and unit testing and resolve technical issues.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for the enterprise CMS and provide support to various project managers and teams across the university.
- Collaborate with division design team to implement new concepts and designs including, visual graphics and/or interaction designs.
- Provides strategic recommendation on implementation and system maintenance.
- Support development of templates and tools for the CMS.
- Provide maintenance, troubleshooting and support to university administrators and developers across the university campus for website issues.
- Establish requirements for back-end development teams to ensure the full user experience is implemented properly.
- Review coding and assist with planning and implementation of future website upgrades with the development team.
- Develops project plans and schedules for execution on new website implementation.
- Manage ongoing website changes and updates, stays abreast of trends and technologies.
- Advocate university brand and marketing best practices.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for web accessibility, utilization and design; assists with the development of web standards.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Posting Information:
2. Familiarity with velocity, jQuery, Bootstrap and PHP a plus.
3. Experience connecting databases and APIs to the front-end.
4. Knowledge of website optimization to improve performance.
5. Understanding of web design principles, incl. responsive/adaptive design.
6. Must be a team player.
7. Strong attention to detail.
8. Clear and accurate written and verbal communication skills.
9. Experience with Cascade CMS, Google Tag Manager and Search Console are not required but is a bonus.
10. Prior experience working at a Higher Education institution is not required but is a bonus.
Bachelors and 5 years experience
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Requires a minimum of five (5) years of directly job-related experience.