Patient Services Specialist - (STA007585)
Provides a variety of administrative services for patients, internal and external visitors and supports medical staff inthe daily operations of the Student Health Center.
- Serves as the department's initial contact for students, faculty, staff and visitors with a vast knowledge of applications of all aspects of the UH Student Health Center processes and policies.
- Ability to handle multiple incoming callers/patients, tasks and responsibilities. Provides excellent customer service by phone, face-to-face and e-mail interactions and ensures a positive patient experience. Communicates with customers in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner.
- Answers questions and resolves complex customer service concerns. Adheres to department guidelines on referring patients/visitors appropriately and relaying pertinent information.
- Schedules patient appointments using departmental guidelines, completes required documentation and relays appropriate information to patients. Retrieves and files medical records and ensures patient's documents are scanned into the electronic systems.
- Knowledge of medical terminology and insurance concepts (ability to problem solve and assist patients).
- Accurately verifies and enters/updates patient demographics, service eligibility and payment/insuranceinformation. Verifies insurance eligibility and payment requirements for each visit.
- Maintains acceptable Key Performance Indicators (KPI), such as claim rejection rates, charge capture rates, accounts receivables, etc.
- Assists patients with check-in process; checks out patients using electronic medical records system including accurately inputting data, posting charges and payments/co-payments, Inter-Departmental/Bursar transaction, insurance claim payments and searching/retrieving data.
- Faxes, copies and distributes medical record information for medical providers and patients. Monitors Patient Services mailbox for voice mails and e-mail inquiries. Accurately accepts mail and package delivery from internal and external campus sources and provides outgoing mail and packages to mail/delivery providers.
- Acts as a representative of the Student Health Center at campus events. Understands and complies with all applicable UH Student Health Center and University of Houston policies as well as applicable state and federal laws. Reports any irregulars or violations to manager. Works as part of a team with all Student Health Center staff including management, nursing support and medical providers.
- Performs other job duties as assigned.
High school and 1 year experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simplemathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquiredthrough attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience.
Notes to Applicant: Maintain CPR Certification
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Support Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Health Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston