Assists the supervisor in performing preventative maintenance,
repairs, operation and inspection of elevators, escalators, dumb
waiters and lifts in university owned buildings.
- Assists in coordinating the work activities of elevator
mechanics and helpers in the repair, preventative maintenance and
operation of university elevators, escalators and dumb
- Assigns tasks to workers and performs inspection of work in
progress and completed work; provides technical direction and
assistance to elevator mechanics and helpers as required.
- Assists supervisor in training elevator mechanics and helpers
in the latest technical developments in the area.
- Performs repairs and maintenance on elevators, escalators, dumb
waiters and lifts in university owned buidings.
- Inspects and performs scheduled preventative maintenance in
elevators, escalators, lifts and related components.
- Responds to call-back/trouble calls in a timely manner.
- Operates tools and equipment common to the elevator trade in
the performance of job duties which include: voltammeter, amp
probe, meggars, tachometer, rotation meter, solding irons, solid
state logic probes, lap top troubleshooting computer and numerous
power and hand tools.
- May be assigned to serve on special task force during periods
of emergency such as floods, storms, hurricanes, etc.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- THIS JOB REQUIRES A VALID TEXAS DRIVER'S LICENSE.
High school and 3 years experience.
Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and
simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as
might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school
diploma or GED.
Requires a minimum of three (3) years of directly job-related
Requires technical certification or licensing directly related to
the job, as specified on a job description addendum.
Additional Information/ Preferred Qualifications:
Applicants please include 3 professional references with your
* An Elevator repair license or certification is required.
Notes to Applicant:
Please include a minimum of 3
professional references with your attachments.