Budget Analyst III, Office of Sponsored Programs
The Office of Sponsored Programs invites applications for a Budget Analyst III to join their team. Working independently, the employee assigned to this position will consult with staff, faculty, campus administrators and sponsor representatives in such areas as research procedures, policies, and best practices for post award administration. With deep expertise in research administration or accounting, this individual will support development of training materials and directly train campus staff about sponsored agreements policies and practices. The individual must be organized, able to prioritize and multi-task, and possess the following:
- Ability to process approval and compliance forms as required
- Maintain compliance with University, state, federal, and sponsor regulations
- Develop thorough knowledge of sponsored program administration rules and regulations
The person will review and negotiate awards with sponsors, prepare agreements for institutional negotiation and acceptance, and perform oversight and professional accounting for a high volume of grant, contract, and cooperative agreement activities. This position reports to the Manager, Post Award Services.
- Possess knowledge and understanding of all aspects of post award administration
- Expert resource within OSP and across campus in matters of post award administration
- The individual must have effective interpersonal, public relations, and communication skills, including the ability to lead departmental trainings and work with diverse individuals
- The person must apply expert knowledge to support OSP in administering some of the university's most complex or high-risk grants
- Demonstrated organizational, time management, and problem-solving skills and ability to meet deadlines in a busy environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of budget management practices and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to understand contract language
- Demonstrated skill in simple excel formulas and calculations and an understanding of personal computers and software related to word processing, spreadsheet, and database software (Word, Excel, Microsoft Office, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat)
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and seven years of related professional experience; or a college degree and five years of related professional experience.
About the Office of Sponsored Programs and UM
OSP administers institutional external funding (contracts, grants, cooperative agreements, etc.) and ensures that such sponsored projects comply with internal controls and applicable policies and regulations. Responsible for the lifecycle of sponsored programs, OSP activities include proposal development, proposal submission, award negotiation, and award management and closeout, as well as mitigation of audit risk. Browse the top level navigation to learn more.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
Position Title: Budget Analyst III
Position Number: 069550
Department: Office of Sponsored Programs
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, 12 months/year.
Salary: $22.503/hr .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Wednesday, July 7, 2021 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Institutional Research & Planning Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Financial Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner