Assistant Director of Multicultural Student Services
This position is situated within Diversity and Inclusion, a
division of student affairs which houses International Student
Services; Lesbian, Gay Bisexual Trans* and Queer Resources;
Multicultural Student Services; Religious and Spiritual Life; and
the Women's Resource Center. The Assistant Director of
Multicultural Student Services is an integral member of Diversity
and Inclusion, providing a broad range of high touch, high impact
resources aimed at retention, success, support, and programming for
the multicultural community as well as the broader student body at
Bucknell University. Major responsibilities include coordinating
the Together Everyone Achieves More (TEAM) mentoring program (a
growing peer mentoring program for underrepresented students with
60 scholars and mentors who have weekly activities ranging from
individual and staff meetings), managing social gatherings and
academic readiness programs, advising student organization, and
assisting in educational outreach programming (such as UnHerd, a
series of in-depth social justice trainings and workshops). This
position reports to the Director of Multicultural Student
Provide programming and
- Co-Direct and Coordinate TEAM Mentoring Program.
- Co-facilitate on-going leadership development
- Regularly meet with TEAM mentors.
- Coordinate with mentors, monthly cultural, social and academic
- Support the development of a strong community.
- Co-direct the RAMP-Up! Pre-Orientation Program for incoming
- Recruit, screen, select and train the Peer Assistants and Peer
- Plan, coordinate and execute all aspects of RAMP-Up!
- Assist in transporting participants to/from various
- Facilitate sessions on high school to college transition and
- Be available for emergencies in conjunction with the Director
of Multicultural Student Services.
Develop and distribute marketing content for the Multicultural
Student Services programs:
- Coordinate the Multicultural Student Services Web Page
maintenance with the Communications Department.
- Responsible for the management and design, inventory, and
distribution of print and electronic publications.
- Assist in maintaining a social media and virtual
Provide coordination and assistance for outreach programming such
as workshops, lectures, and training in the UnHerd Series.
Coordinate and plan the annual Civil Rights Spring Break
- Set up pre-departure orientation, meetings, and
- Plan transportation, lodging, and site visits.
- Implement advertising and application procedures.
Collaborate with Residential Education.
- Work in consultation with residence life to communicate
break-time opportunities, storage, and meal
- Work directly with Residential Education to support the 7th
Street House, an African-American Heritage themed community, and La
Casa (a Latinx community themed housing option).
- Work closely with the Resident Assistant and affinity leader
for 7th Street and La Casa in order to support programming efforts
for the house and the broader community.
Serve as a liaison to student organizations.
- Communicate and coordinate plans for campus-wide events
initiated by Multicultural Student Services and related
- Assist student organizations to create programs that complement
the goals of Multicultural Student Services.
Participate in meetings & professional development
- Attend individual meetings with the Director of Multicultural
- Attend departmental staff meetings, divisional meetings, and
other meetings as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Higher Education, Student Affairs, or
- At least one year of full time or equivalent experience working
with underrepresented populations in a college/university
- Driver's license with clear driving record for a minimum of two
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite as well as
ability/willingness to learn programs such as InDesign, Adobe,
Photoshop, and Google platforms.
- Strong intercultural competence and interpersonal communication
- Awareness of issues related to socioeconomic status, gender
identity and expression, sexuality, race and ethnicity, ability,
national origin, religious and interfaith, and the relationship
between power and privilege
- Demonstrated experience managing student staff and complex
This position will require evening and weekend work to support
certain department events/programs.
- Three years of related experience
- Demonstrated commitment to career growth in higher
- Marketing and communication skills especially with regard to
use of technology, social media
- Experience managing events, including assessment and evaluation
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496738/assistant-director-of-multicultural-student-services