Custodial Section Supervisor
Custodial Section Supervisor
Job No: 496742
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
The Custodial Section Supervisor is accountable for supervising, scheduling, and coordinating custodial, housekeeping, groundskeeping, conference/special event support, and minor facility maintenance services within an assigned areas. Since communication is such an important skill for a CSS, who interacts frequently with other members of the campus community and contractors, you'll need strong interpersonal skills and enjoy working as part of a team. You'll also need stamina as most of your time will be spent on your feet.
Supervisory duties include planning, scheduling, coordinating, and communicating all custodial-related activities as well as supervising and training assigned staff in the proper performance of their duties. A thorough knowledge of custodial/housekeeping responsibilities and demonstrated leadership skills are a must in this active role.
Additional duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Determine work and resource requirements and develops recurring
and seasonal staff work schedules to support custodial,
housekeeping, special event, conference, and facility maintenance
requirements. Coordinate resource needs, consult with others, and
make decisions about resource sharing. Prioritize work to ensure
critical needs are met despite resource constraints. Ensure a fair
and equitable distribution of work among staff. Communicate
schedules with staffs and customers as required.
- Assess training needs and conducts required training to assure
individual and team proficiency. Conduct recurring training,
recommend training topics to supervisors, and assist others in
- Develop individual performance plan and conduct performance
counseling to ensure all staff members have a clear understanding
of performance expectations. Inspect work area to ensure
performance standards are met. Review, analyze, and change
procedures as appropriate.
- Ensure services are performed in a timely and safe manner and
makes changes and recommendations to ensure appropriate levels of
service are provided to all customers.
- Adhere to OSHA standards, employs safe practices, and follows
safety policies/procedures. Use PPE in a safe manner, sets examples
for others and notifies supervisors of potential hazards, and
demonstrates good housekeeping habits.
- Support and promote the University's sustainability
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of recent custodial or housekeeping
- Recent leadership experience or demonstrated leadership skills
and the ability to clearly communicate and provide direction and
guidance to staff.
- Commitment to diversity and inclusiveness.
- Demonstrated able to understand oral and written instructions
and perform basic math calculations.
- A valid driver's license and a safe driving record for the past
- This staff position is classified as part of essential
services. This individual is required to report to work even if
campus has a delayed opening, early closing, or is closed, unless
instructed otherwise by a supervisor or appropriate time off is
approved by a supervisor.
- Post offer background checks, driving record and drug screening
will be conducted.
- Knowledge of safety procedures and familiarity with TMA (work
order management) and resource 25 (scheduling) software.
- Must be able to walk around campus, as well as climb stairs,
ladders, walkways, and elevated areas.
- Must use proper safety equipment for hearing, head, eye, feet,
hand and body protection as required.
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
- Daily exposure to dust, dirt, weather and temperature changes.
Position works indoors and outdoors.
To apply, visit https://careers.bucknell.edu/en-us/job/496742/custodial-section-supervisor